What have you lost down the hole?

• Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

Today I sent a cordless drill battery down the hole. I power my auger with a cordless drill, luckily I have another battery but still hearing crunch-plop as it hit the edge and went down the hole was not the world’s most beautiful sound. Aside from that pliers have gone down, and I think a few depth finders as well.

thebigfishman
    Apple Valley, MN

Only thing I’ve ever dropped down a hole is a pair of pliers. It wasn’t funny for him but i got a kick out of it, I had a buddy a few weeks ago drop his cell phone down the hole for the 3rd year in a row. Also had another buddy drop his phone down the hole a few days ago.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Only thing I’ve ever dropped down a hole is a pair of pliers. It wasn’t funny for him but i got a kick out of it, I had a buddy a few weeks ago drop his cell phone down the hole for the 3rd year in a row. Also had another buddy drop his phone down the hole a few days ago.

2 years ago I dropped my phone down the hole but before it could sink I put my hand down the hole and grabbed it…took it home dried it out and I still use the phone today…I can’t believe i grabbed it and it still works…lol

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

2 years ago I dropped my phone down the hole but before it could sink I put my hand down the hole and grabbed it…took it home dried it out and I still use the phone today…I can’t believe i grabbed it and it still works…lol
    [/quote]
    Now that’s a durable phone, and lucky grab…done that with fish but most things when they hit the hole are gone.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

Fishing with my son a couple weeks ago in WI and he drop the knob bolt on the side of his new LX9 down the hole. Anyone know where he can get a new one?

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

My watch band broke and it went down the hole. Couple hours later jigging thought I had a little one on and it turned out to be my watch, snagged it. Still works.

Willy D
    Nipawin, SK

Last year on my first trip out dropped my IPhone 4S it landed about 3″ from my buddies hole and bounced straight right about 3ft and hit nothing but center of the hole I was fishing. Replaced with 5S about three days later and three days after that on 2nd trip out it also ended up down the hole. Expensive two trips but in the end it is all right cause I don’t get bothered by the FW anymore when I am fishing.

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Lost a Shimano CI+ 1000 series spinning reel and a St. Croix ice rod at Red Lake this year while packing up. Close them hatches people! lol

eyesonly

Two winters ago I dropped my WIFES brad new 35mm camera down the hole on red lake. A few of the last words spoken before I pulled out of the driveway were “I promise I will take care of your camera”.

tapout

Lotw a couple years ago I dropped 2 two way radios and a cell phone down my holes all in the same weekend. Alcohol probebly played a good part of all that those holes have a magnetic pull.

Bassn Dan

My uncle dropped his ONLY set of truck keys down the hole in the middle of Mille Lacs. He jigged and no doubt swore up a storm for two days without catching them. Fortunately he came across someone with a retrieval magnet and got the key ring back in just a few minutes. Needless to say, he bought a magnet AND carried spare truck keys after that…

07lotwchamp
    Andover, Mn

I had my craftsman light with battery on it sitting next to the hole on red a few yrs ago and got a monster pike on and ended up kicking the light in the hole but managed to land a 39,5 pike on 6 lb test. peace

Brad Anderson
    Minnesota

Lost a Shimano CI+ 1000 series spinning reel and a St. Croix ice rod at Red Lake this year while packing up. Close them hatches people! lol

You put a giant spoon on and jigged that thing back up right??

troutbum
    St. Paul

I have a waterproof case for my iphone. Somebody should create one that floats. Id buy it.

Timo i

My last jig, frozen fingers and the fish were in a frenzy. . .
    Close call with car keys and phone both hit the ice at the same time nexxt to the hole, heart skipped a beat.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Auger shaft came loose from the head and went straight down. Came back 2days later with a grappling hook and got it out. Grandson has lost 2 cell phones.

rmanderson
    West Central MN

One morning (25 years ago or so) I went to the fish house to do some spearing. The sun hadn’t cracked the horizon yet and it was dead calm but cold. Very cold. Like 20 to 30 below zero cold. The only source of heat was a wood stove. I had used the house the day before so the 2×4 hole had frozen over a bit. Anyways, I started to chip away at the hole to open it up. There was maybe an inch or so of ice. I lost my balance and in the drink I went headfirst. Totally submerged myself. I jumped out of the hole about as quick as I had entered it but I was soaked. No heat as I had planned to start the fire once the hole was cleaned up. As one could imagine I was cold. I stripped down to nearly nothing and drove home……….

Did I lose anything? No. But technically I lost my voice for a couple days if you know what I mean………

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

A phone is one thing I have not lost on the ice yet, but open water I have submerged a phone three times, luckily rice and luck kept them working. I think everyone here agrees that ice holes have suction of some form.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Dignity.
    Similar to rmanderson, I went through the ice. driving home in a birthday suit was awkward

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

One day old pair of Oakley sunglasses,can opener and a rod and reel which I was able to retrieve.

lazzer
    harlan iowa

my friends boy lost his phone throw the ice one day and we told him he could all was call to see if the fish were biting lol

Frenchman
    West Central Indiana

MY Samsung S4 Active. I believe I had it for 3 weeks.

deertracker

I dropped myself down a hole while pheasant hunting a month ago.
    DT

Attachments:
    1. 2014-12-09-10.48.54.jpg

grampatim
    Spirit Lake, IA

My glasses, they landed right on the rock pile we were fishing 10ft deep, 18ft off to the side. I got them back on the first try with a jiggin rapala, that hooked them right in nose pads. Lucked out. Numerous jigs,a slush dipper etc.
    Last year my Samsung Galaxy3, I didn’t get that back. -(

smasher

I have a waterproof case for my iphone. Somebody should create one that floats. Id buy it.

I lost one iphone down the hole. I bought a new iphone and a “Lifeproof” waterproof case. I also bought the life jacket for the lifeproof. Its really a nice set up and comes with a lanyard to wear around your neck and makes looking at your phone while running Navionics very simple, especially while walking and wearing a bunch of clothing. Saves from fumbling with your phone in and out of pocekts every few minutes while dragging a sled.

Attachments:
    1. jacket.jpg

Ed Stern
    Goodhue, MN, Goodhue County,

I took my son-in-law & three grand kids to show off my new Frabill flip-over. …..just a bit too crowded. A metal rod holder got kicked a couple of times from one side to the other. I was just re-baiting when my youngest grandson decided to help get a fresh wax worm. Reaching for the bait puck, he bumped that & released two dozen wiggles while kicking the holder one more time. It found the hole & we were able to watch it tumble through the 18 fow and settle into the soft bottom below. We were able to save about half of the waxies, but you couldn’t really get upset. It was one of those days!

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

You put a giant spoon on and jigged that thing back up right??

I tried Brad, I tried. Had a camera down there helping me try to reach it but it shot off to the side by at least 4-6 feet and I could do nothing or find nothing that would swing that far to reach it.

I consider it a costly lesson in my own stupidity. Glad it wasn’t my truck keys or something really important.

taz
    Frederic wi

Camera,knife,flashlight all the same trip to lotw. Also lost a lantern a few years back

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.