What happened to Mega Live?

• Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Title says it all.

Ryan Haller

I’ve been watching availability of it too. Must be stuck on a boat off the coast of CA.

Another season is about to pass with no mega live available. Frustrating for sure.

Wonder how many have jumped ship to Lowrance and Garmin as a result. I know some of my fishing partners have.

TH

I canceled my order for a transducer. I will probably go with Garmin.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

It didn’t get “RT-9’d” did it?!?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Another season is about to pass with no mega live available. Frustrating for sure.

Most of the larger retailers have already received significant deliveries of Mega Live over the last few weeks and have already sold out. I know Reeds had a bunch of them but sold out quickly. Additional inventory will be coming of course but I would expect demand to greatly outpace supply as is the case with so many products these days.

The quantity of Mega Live units that have been produced and sold to retailers is eye-popping. And it still won’t be enough.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

I’ve been watching availability of it too. Must be stuck on a boat off the coast of CA.

Wonder how many have jumped ship to Lowrance and Garmin as a result. I know some of my fishing partners have.

Humminbird is built in the good ole USA.

Local Scheels only received 1 of 54 ordered and they have a list of people so the first one on there list got a call.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Local Scheels only received 1 of 54 ordered and they have a list of people so the first one on there list got a call.

That guy should have bought a lottery ticket on the way home.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Sure hoping for a honest review by someone that gets one.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

My buddy just got his yesterday. Interested to see what it’s like in person.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

My buddy just got his yesterday. Interested to see what it’s like in person.

Great. Please let us know what you think when you see it work.

Ryan Haller

Thanks for the insight James and yes I’m sure you’re correct about the supply/demand. I’ve only casually been keeping an eye on the online resellers as I know with it being released in Sept that I wouldn’t have one on my rig this open water season. Only hoping they can catch up and I can have something come next spring.

Suppose I should get on some waiting lists now though as this supply chain shortage isn’t going away anytime soon.

I’m seeing lots of marketing on the mega live ice bundles. Are those more available than just the ducers?

TH

This is maybe one of the truthful sites.

Attachments:
    1. F9D8B392-B45C-4CE2-9A98-7E114F480442.png

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’m seeing lots of marketing on the mega live ice bundles. Are those more available than just the ducers?

I’m not privy to any breakdown on how the transducers have been allocated.

I do know that if I was humminbird and I had what is one of the more highly anticipated products in awhile I would allocate more towards the bundles than I would standalone transducers. Every bundle equates to a shuttle, head unit, and transducer sale versus transducer alone. Just basic business sense would tell me you’re likely to have an easier time finding a bundle versus a transducer, at least through the ice season.

That’s my take on it. If you trying taking that to the bank expect to be tackled by the security guard. Ha!

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

I hate to admit it James, but that makes good sense. grin

Ike Sell

From what I’m finding on the internet Id think that the retailers don’t have time to get the product into their online systems. They sell everyone right out of the store. To have one for Xmas it seems having a friend that works at one of the larger retailers would be a great plan. I’m gonna try a local Scheels to see if one can “get on the inside track” if one exists. For the on line sellers, I wonder if getting on a back order list might be another approach?

I’d go with a bundle so I hope you are correct James.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

I canceled my order for a transducer. I will probably go with Garmin.

I guess you can do that and be like me….

Been waiting for my Ultra 126 and Livescope since July, but good luck!

I ordered my Lowrance Active Target in April and just got that a couple weeks ago.

At this rate, I’ll be lucky to have my 2 12″ Lives, my Garmin or the 12″ Bird for my new boat when it arrives. Be using my vexilar for the first tournament of the season lol.

But the way I look at it is there is nothing I can really do but wait just like everyone else. It’s not just one company that is having supply issues, its all of them. They’re doing everything they can.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

From what I’m finding on the internet Id think that the retailers don’t have time to get the product into their online systems. They sell everyone right out of the store. To have one for Xmas it seems having a friend that works at one of the larger retailers would be a great plan. I’m gonna try a local Scheels to see if one can “get on the inside track” if one exists. For the on line sellers, I wonder if getting on a back order list might be another approach?

I’d go with a bundle so I hope you are correct James.

Ike, I seen this on Facebook this morning.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20211208-111826_Chrome.jpg

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.