Wet Floors

• skappel

I own a 2001 1775 Pro V Se, and I am experiencing a leak somewhere in the front of the boat. It’s a single counsel and the water is pushing up through the plywood underneath the counsel soaking the plywood and carpet. This problem only happens when the boat is on plane and the pressure of the leak makes it look like a fountain coming through the floor. Any help or suggestions appreciated at this point.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3850.jpg

loonswail
    Ankeny, IA

Is that the live well directly below? I have a similar situation in my Ultracraft Stealth 175 and I am pretty sure it is my live well in front. I even get enough h2o in rough waters that getting to plane is impossible w/o bilging.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Loose rivit? Speedo pitot tube?

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Speedo pilot tube?

That was my thought. Is the speedo working? I had something similar once, and the tube popped off the back of the speedometer gauge and sprayed all over.

loonswail
    Ankeny, IA

No problem when front live well is dry. I believe my problem is the overflow being too high and water sloshing around the top of well and running into hull below floor. My carpet get wet at passenger side console behind live well area.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

Does that year/model have a high speed pickup for the live wells? I would start with checking the plumbing there as you stated, ” only happens while on plane”

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

I had similar problem with the livewell overflow until I shortened it.
    Just try opening the livewell door while on plane to check the water level.

blackbay

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>john23 wrote:</div>
    Speedo pilot tube?

That was my thought. Is the speedo working? I had something similar once, and the tube popped off the back of the speedometer gauge and sprayed all over.

My best educated guess is that it is the speedo tube that has become disconnected. Pull out the compartment on the front of the console and look for a loose tube. It will probably be easier to see than laying on your back under the console.

skappel

Guy and Gals, I appologize for not responding but just recovered my password for the login. It was the hose for the speedo. Thanks a million!!!!!!

reb
    SE Wisconsin

Thanks for getting back this could be useful for many!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.