What’s Everyone been shootin??

• flick
    Alma WI

Just wondering how everyone is doing? an where they have been hunting…..Anyone on the divers?

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

i hunted the river bottomes on friday evening, and the morning on sat/sun.

friday night was really fun. the green wing teal where down and they were EVERYWHERE. thick as the asain lady beatles where . large flocks of 20-30 dive bombin our spread at mock-10. very fun, but very hard to hit.

saturday morning i witnessed the single largest push of ducks through (over) the area that i’ve ever seen in MN before. for 2 hours straight, flock after flock after flock of huge numbers of ducks flying high and headed south. it seems there’s always a “big push” like this for a few days every year, but i’ve never seen one of this magnitude before. 1000’s and 1000’s of ducks, geese, and swans, but all on their way out of MN.

as far as ducks actually milling around the swamp…….the teal that were around the night before had packed up and moved out. still a few flocks zippin around, but not fast and furious like the night before. only a few workable mallards. we ended up getting only 1 greenhead, 1 greenwing, 1 merganser, and 1 ruddy duck.

the sunday morning push was not nearly as awinspiring, but there were definatly still birds head for warmer weather. teal were completely gone, but there were more mallards around that were willing to work. if we would have had a little more wind i think it could have been a dynimite day.

it’s lookin like this week should be a great week for duckin. and we could be in for an early freeze up this year, so head out when ever you get the chance…….the ducks are finally here

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

i hunted the river bottomes on friday evening, and the morning on sat/sun.

friday night was really fun. the green wing teal where down and they were EVERYWHERE. thick as the asain lady beatles where . large flocks of 20-30 dive bombin our spread at mock-10. very fun, but very hard to hit.

saturday morning i witnessed the single largest push of ducks through (over) the area that i’ve ever seen in MN before. for 2 hours straight, flock after flock after flock of huge numbers of ducks flying high and headed south. it seems there’s always a “big push” like this for a few days every year, but i’ve never seen one of this magnitude before. 1000’s and 1000’s of ducks, geese, and swans, but all on their way out of MN.

as far as ducks actually milling around the swamp…….the teal that were around the night before had packed up and moved out. still a few flocks zippin around, but not fast and furious like the night before. only a few workable mallards. we ended up getting only 1 greenhead, 1 greenwing, 1 merganser, and 1 ruddy duck.

the sunday morning push was not nearly as awinspiring, but there were definatly still birds head for warmer weather. teal were completely gone, but there were more mallards around that were willing to work. if we would have had a little more wind i think it could have been a dynimite day.

it’s lookin like this week should be a great week for duckin. and we could be in for an early freeze up this year, so head out when ever you get the chance…….the ducks are finally here

minigrub
    Winona MN

Hello Flick

I was out Sat and Sunday most of the day, saw lots of migrating teal and some woodys yet. A few new mallards in the area, looks like more to come from the duck surveys.
    my neighbor and myself score for the weekend was 1 bufflohead, 2 mallards and 3 greenie teal, and to many misses to count, hopefully this week, I can put more in the boat and less air shooting. Every shot is still fun.

Hammer Time
    MINIGRUB

minigrub
    Winona MN

Hello Flick

I was out Sat and Sunday most of the day, saw lots of migrating teal and some woodys yet. A few new mallards in the area, looks like more to come from the duck surveys.
    my neighbor and myself score for the weekend was 1 bufflohead, 2 mallards and 3 greenie teal, and to many misses to count, hopefully this week, I can put more in the boat and less air shooting. Every shot is still fun.

Hammer Time
    MINIGRUB

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Minigrub
    Kind of early to get Buffleheads. I usually don’t see many of them till late in the season.
    I went out yesterday morning on pool 4 and saw lots of mallards. Most of our shooting was mallards with the occasional teal thrown in. I haven’t seen much for divers yet.

Gator Hunter

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Minigrub
    Kind of early to get Buffleheads. I usually don’t see many of them till late in the season.
    I went out yesterday morning on pool 4 and saw lots of mallards. Most of our shooting was mallards with the occasional teal thrown in. I haven’t seen much for divers yet.

Gator Hunter

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

Didn’t get any divers. Bagged lots of mallards, 1 wigon,2pintails,3woodies,1 gadwall, and a few teal between the three of us this weekend. It was good.

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

Didn’t get any divers. Bagged lots of mallards, 1 wigon,2pintails,3woodies,1 gadwall, and a few teal between the three of us this weekend. It was good.

Bogsucker
    SE MN

We hunted upper pool 5 on Saturday. 4 greenwings, 1 widgeon, and 2 mallards. Didn’t see many mallards or other puddle ducks, heard very little shooting. Saw thousands of divers heading south.

Bogsucker
    SE MN

We hunted upper pool 5 on Saturday. 4 greenwings, 1 widgeon, and 2 mallards. Didn’t see many mallards or other puddle ducks, heard very little shooting. Saw thousands of divers heading south.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

i have gotten alot of teal and 1 goose and 1 hen mallard. that was over the last 2 weeks on swan lake. we got 10 yesterday, almost limited out.

shane

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

i have gotten alot of teal and 1 goose and 1 hen mallard. that was over the last 2 weeks on swan lake. we got 10 yesterday, almost limited out.

shane

flipenrip
    Austin, Mn.

Still waiting for some new mallards to hold up in town for a few days of shooting. Field hunting has been fairly good as of late. Still need the new ducks. Has anybody been to the Fairmont area? I think the good shooting is yet to come.

flipenrip
    Austin, Mn.

Still waiting for some new mallards to hold up in town for a few days of shooting. Field hunting has been fairly good as of late. Still need the new ducks. Has anybody been to the Fairmont area? I think the good shooting is yet to come.

adloos
    Winona, MN

Well a lot of ducks came down today. It was great shootin. 11 ducks and 1 goose.

adloos
    Winona, MN

Well a lot of ducks came down today. It was great shootin. 11 ducks and 1 goose.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

The mallards have really began moving in the last few days. The major push isn’t here yet, but more are trickling in. The refuge on the lake is loaded right now.

With temps in the teens overnight this week, alot more will move in, hopefully it will not freeze too hard and most will stay put.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

The mallards have really began moving in the last few days. The major push isn’t here yet, but more are trickling in. The refuge on the lake is loaded right now.

With temps in the teens overnight this week, alot more will move in, hopefully it will not freeze too hard and most will stay put.

tgif

Mallards, widgeon, gadwalls, buffleheads, geese have my number right now. They show up 10 minutes before me and come back when I’m at the truck casing the gun. Saw one lone snow. Hunting in south of New Prague. Word is there’s a lot of water north that is locked up in ice. Birds were flying wave after wave across ND. Up to 8 inches of snow or snow geese in some of ND. Cold and wind.

tgif

Mallards, widgeon, gadwalls, buffleheads, geese have my number right now. They show up 10 minutes before me and come back when I’m at the truck casing the gun. Saw one lone snow. Hunting in south of New Prague. Word is there’s a lot of water north that is locked up in ice. Birds were flying wave after wave across ND. Up to 8 inches of snow or snow geese in some of ND. Cold and wind.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.