NEBRASKA HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!

• Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Well the easiest thing you could do is get some stiff tackle and simply throw out a gob of nightcrawlers…..You’ll catch ’em.

channelcatben
    South Minneapolis

Keep it simple. #6 or #4 hook, some sweet corn or a crawler gob, split shot for weight. Slip sinker rigs work well, too. There is a ton of info on the good ol’ interweb, as the Brits have been finesse rigging carp for years. Those guys sure know how to make a relatively simple thing pretty darn complicated.

If you watch the carp long enough, you’ll see that they often follow the same path back and forth through an area, like deer using trails. Cast your bait into that trail. When they’re close to shore, you can sometimes see them take the bait. That’s a lot of fun.

Things might be a little slow right now, depending on where they’re at with the spawn. They aren’t too interested in eating when they’re doin’ the nasty.

Good luck!

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Corn or bread works well too. Make sure you use a proper hook, not too big or too weak. I have had cheap Eagle Claw hooks completely bent in a circle by a big carp.

rangerski
    North Metro

I prefer my compound bow and arrow. Its alot of fun and good for the lakes.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’d go with corn. I think guys who target carp will agree.

deertracker

I’ll second the bow. I fought a 36″ carp for 15 minutes last year. It made six runs at about 15 yards a run. What a blast.
    DT

whiskeyandwater
    ????

in 9 day…. a very Loooooooong 9 days. My buddies decided to pull the trigger and call the date. heading out of town Friday night the 25th.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Sounds like a good time Ryan. Make sure to take plenty of pics and share your trip with us when you return! Good luck!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Good luck!! Can’t wait to see some pics.

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Go get em Good luck

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Good luck and take lots of pictures!

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

65 deg in Omaha tomorrow. Birds are gonna pile in! Smash em!

witte
    West Salem, WI

Good luck. Just got back from a conference in Omaha late tonight. 67 took care of most of the snow today…

whiskeyandwater
    ????

gear has been checked, and double checked, supplies bought, truck packed, house checked AT LEAST 3 times to make sure nothing is being left behind with one more walk through tonight. Just bought my license, and it’s almost game on!!!! 11 Hours and the truck will be heading south for warmer fields.

all I can say is CAN I GO HOME NOW? I have ZERO desire to work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.