Finally had a good shoot

• dcolsen
    Linwood, MN

Well after waiting for what seemed like eternity we finally had a pretty good shoot. Nothing amazing but got our birds and had a great time in the field. My roommate had locked up this property a few weeks ago and we decided to go check it out… boy am I glad we did. There was a 150+ mallards in the field becuase it had flooded. We went and talked to the landowner again just to make sure and prepared for the am. We got out super early only to find there was A LOT more water than we thought. We threw out a simple spread and hid the blinds in several inches of water and got in soaking wet. We had a couple singles and pairs come in then it got crazy. While we are laying in several inches of freezing cold water the birds started to materialize out of the clouds and snow. We had 150+ plus birds land just out of range and WOW what a sight. I have never had that many birds sitting and flying over us. We didn’t get our limit but regardless it was amazing. Not much you can do when you have that many birds sitting out of range, they all went to them. All in all it was awesome and a great day in the field with the boys.

codycroteau
    La Crosse, WI

Those are BIG birds! Awesome!

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Man,those are some fat sky carp nice work

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

NIcely done and with some great pics to boot! CONGRATS!

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Awesome pics and a great hunt

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/SJU

was one of the better hunts of the year, and what you guys cant see is that every piece of clothing we are wearing is soaking wet.. and i mean soaking wet.. Dan is making it sound pretty easy compared to what it was…lol at one time my trigger finger was so cold i went to shoot, and missed the whole trigger guard.
    Thanks for a good hunt Dan and gonna have to do it in the am again.
    Also having 150 mallards land at 60 yards has been awhile coming for us. As Dan said…pretty fun to see.

Charles Schmidtbauer

kris_brantner
    My river

nice shoot! i love hunting flooded fields! ill tell ya what one of my favorite investments were neo tubs for my two lay out blinds. they arent cheep but you can hunt anywhere in them.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

It sounds and looks like a hunt that you guys will remember for a very long time! Congrats!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.