Too bad so sad…

• dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

This is one of a duck hunter’s worst day of the year when the season is shut down and we got some months to wait before getting back on the local or non-local hunting areas here in la crosse…Any good pictures from the season upload them and let’s see the goos season we all had.

lars
    Rochester, MN

For me the worst part in having the season close and still watching thousands of mallards eat in the fields and roost on secret spring holes. Why does our season end again??? Still plenty of birds around to hunt. Damn that sucks.

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

Totally agreee in all ways there are….The season should still be going on…

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Quote:

Totally agreee in all ways there are….The season should still be going on…

Really? Are there 10 ducks left on Pool 8 not in the City limits?

I think the WI season is set up pretty damn well for Miss. River hunters.

deertracker

It was a depressing day for me yesterday. I finally had to admit that the season was over and put the decoys back in the rafters

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

Mossboss I’m just saying it would be nice to have a couple more days of hunting…

690reece
    Hutchinson,Minnesota

I hunt the West metro and the mallards had just started showing up in any numbers Thanksgiving weekend along with a ton of new geese. Our season ended 11/27(ducks) and we decoyed more mallards on the 1st and 2nd of December than I saw all year ! I agree that it would be nice to have a later season for ducks as well as geese. I guess all is a mute point as we have had 15-20″ of snow and all the ducks and geese have pretty much left for warmer climates! Heres to next year 690reece

les_welch

We have to quit hunting so the guys in Mexico have enough ducks to shoot at all winter long.

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

“690recce” ya we are mute to everything but hopfully it’ll change soon!!! I’m proud to see some other people have the same view as me…

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

We have to quit hunting so the guys in Mexico have enough ducks to shoot at all winter long.

thats the truth

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

No idea on the metro, but for the river, are you saying you want more than a 60 day season, or you want the 60 days to be placed later?

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

ummm 60 more days would be nice minus the frozen over water to…picked up a new baby tonight!!!!for pheasant and waterfowl the new Browning BPS 12 gauge 26″ barrel perty nice

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

there she is…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.