Hauling decoys

• JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

I used my ice sled this weekend to haul my decoys and gear and it worked slick.Alot of our area marshes are surronded by grass and it pulled over the top easily.It was nice to be able to shed some clothes in and out to keep from working up a sweat I know it will not work everywhere but its nice when it does

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

did you put any kind of wax or something like that on the bottom of the sled?? I was wondering if somehting like spray silicon or even snow board wax would make a sled pull easier on grass.

shane

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

I’ve kind of wondered how my otter sled would work if I hauled decoys into the water with it? I thought about using it to haul decoys behind my Otter Stealth and trolling motor. I figured it may be more of a hassle, but kind of wanted to try it anyway. It seems like it would float just fine.

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

MM,
    I have tried this in water and it was not pretty
    The otter sled floats fine, but the weight of the contents needs to be distributed very evenly.
    We normally opt to just use another boat, like your stealth.
    Good luck
    cheers

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Otter sleds work well in water for hauling decoys and other things that can get wet. I would not put my gun or shells in there unless you have a hand on it at all times. But it beats lugging big decoys spreads in on your back.

Eric

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

Agreed
    cheers

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

I did not use anything on bottom of sled and it seemed to pull easily.Another thing I tried yesterday that worked well was I used it to pick up my decoys.I floated it around with me and stacked my decoys in it and bagged them when I was done I thought it worked great and saved a bunch of time

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.