Water Temps in the 80's, Suspend Musky Fishing!!!

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

My friend and I went for about 4 hours on Saturday morning. He got a 32 inch tiger muskie. We also got 10 pike and 5 bass. We caught all 16 fish between 7am – 9am when it was cloudy and nothing after 9am when the sun came out.

Attachments:
    1. 8-22-20-Abel-muskie-horizontal.jpg

2. 8-22-20-Abel-muskie-vertical.jpg

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Nice fish! Your dog looks like hes judging you in the second picture jester I went out sunday for the 4:30 major but the water temps were almost 83! Had to fish bass for an hour and get out of there. last night/todays rain should have helped out to bring temps back down for now anyway.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I went out sunday for the 4:30 major but the water temps were almost 83!

Ya that’s really warm. It was 75.5 on Saturday morning where I was. It looks more like early fall weather later this week after a few more days of heat/humidity.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Well the water temps are finally dropping. saw 74 degrees last night. Had two hot follows I couldn’t get to eat. Hopefully the full moon tonight helps us out.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Caught a 28 inch tiger muskie last weekend on a metro lake. I had a much bigger one follow twice but it wouldn’t bite. Water temp 66 degrees.

Does anyone know if tigers will bite on a figure 8 like pure strains do? Also, I’ve never caught one at night and I’m also wondering if that’s worth trying. I’ve had infrequent success fishing at night for pure strains but I’ve never tried it for hybrids.

Thanks

Attachments:
    1. 28-inch-tiger-muskie.jpg

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.