IDA Walleye Tour Info Site is On-line…!

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

Here’s the link to the permanent location for info regarding these tournaments: IDA Walleye Tour Site

The dates for the events are listed along with some additional info on the launch sites, etc.

A list of all registered teams is attached to each event listing. If you’ve already sent in your entry form and you’re wondering what your launch number is, this is where you can find that info.

IDA Walleye Tour is now able to accept credit cards for payment of entry fees.

More info will follow as it becomes available…

In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

Lists of registered Boaters for each event have been updated. If you’re looking to get an early launch number, get those entry forms sent in ASAP. We’re already getting registrations for the October events!

IDA Walleye Tour Site

bri_bigeyes
    Farmington, Minnesota

Is the launch order determined by order of signing up then, or is there a drawing for different flights?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The order in which the entries are received determines the launch order. Sort of a reward and incentive to NOT wait until the day of the event to enter. Registering “the day of” is fine too, don’t get me wrong, but this way we get some of the processing and registering out of the way and assign some boat numbers to those that get in early.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The list of registered teams for the March 21st Event has been updated and will be kept as current as possible up to the event. Order of registration determines launch order so if getting out early is important, get your entry in ASAP! It’s been fantastic to see so many husband and wife or father and son teams getting involved to this point and we hope to see many more!

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

Thanks for updating it. I was just getting used to the possiblity of a top ten finish, now I will have to plan for a top 15. Some pretty solid sticks in that bunch, should make for some exciting weights. Hey did we decide if those of us fishing with spouse get a handicap. Ya I know she is better than me, but shouldn’t she get a handicap for me?????
    PLEEEEAAAASSSSE

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Looks like we’ll have some mighty fine weather for this weekend’s tourney. Upper 50’s for Saturday and low 50’s for Sunday!

big dad
    Rochester, Minnesota

I like your weatherman better than mine – I saw forecast said 46 & 44 – still not too bad

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Weather forcasters just never seem to agree amongst themselves now do they? Still looks nice. We’ve got a bunch of boats pre-regsitered for this event now. If an early launch number is important to you, sign up quick!

March 21st Event

If you’ll be down to Everts Resort yet this week or on Saturday, you can sign up at the resort with Steve Vick and “lock in” your boat number.

Should be tons of fun!

rushcityranger
    Rush City Mn

What time does that start on Sunday? I am trying to get that day off of work, and sounds like a great day to hit the river!

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

The event runs from 7:00am until weigh-in at 3:00pm. Should be a good time.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Man I wish I could make it . Looks like it would be a great time

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Here is a quick review of some of the questions I have received over the past week. Hope this info helps everyone fishing the tournament. Again, please feel free to call me anytime at 651.343.9318. Thanks!

Q – What is the format?
    A – 2 person team format. Entry fee $100 Per Team / Per Event.

Q – Can I fish just one of the four events?
    A – Yes, you may fish any one or all of the tournaments.

Q – What is the limit?
    A – You may weigh a Five (5) fish limit of Walleye, Sauger, Saugeye with a 15 inch minimum size.

Q – Is culling allowed?
    A – No. Culling is not allowed. However, you may posses a maximum of Seven ( 7 ) fish in your boat. After you place the 7th fish in your livewell, you must stop fishing.

Q – What are the tournament times?
    A – Take off is at 7am and weigh in is at 3pm.

Q – When is the entry deadline?
    A – You may enter the day of the tournament. Please have your entry application filled out and signed by both partners. Also, please pay the entry fee with Cash if you enter on the day of the tourney.

Q – Is there a Big Fish pot?
    A – Yes. There is and Optional $10 big fish pot. 100% pay back to the heaviest fish. If there is a tie, the money will be split evenly between winners. Sign up for the big fish pot is the morning of the tournament.

Q – Can I arrive by boat?
    A – Yes. The 63 bridge access is open. Once you arrive at Evert’s you will need to have your boat inspected and pick up your boat board. Please see me or one of the Tourney Staff.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Tournament Overview.

I want to thank everyone who has pre-registered and look forward to a good showing on Sunday. I hope your pole stays bent and your net stays wet! I look forward to meeting all of you.

When you arrive at Evert’s, there are just a couple things to take care of before putting the boat in the water. Note: Evert’s Resort will charge you a $7 access/parking fee. They have a full service bait shop with minnows, tackle, snacks and pop. Evert’s is a big supporter of this site and appreciates your business!

First, if you are not pre-registered, see me to get registered and pay your entry fee. At this stage in the game, please bring cash to pay your entry and arrive EARLY! Once you have turned in your application, you will be assigned a boat number. Next, you will need to have your boat inspected. Please have your deck hatches and livewell doors open for a quick inspection. Once inspected, you will receive your “Boat Board” The boat board will have your boat number on it. Once you have your boat board, you may put the boat in the water.

If you arrive by boat, see me for a quick boat inspection and pick up your boat board. There is a Public Access at the highway 63 bridge. (I don’t think the access at Bay Point Park will be open by Sunday???)

At 6:40-6:45 am there will be a very quick rules meeting. One member of the team should attend.

After you put in, please stage your boats downstream from the big dock. (The big dock has an arch bridge to shore) As the 7am take off time approaches, line up in boat number order downstream from the big dock. It’s helpful to keep your boat board number visible to other teams as you are lining up for take off.

Weigh in starts at 3pm. You must be in plain view of Evert’s resort at 3pm SHARP. You may weigh in early. I expect to have the tanks and scales ready to go at noon. Please be patient. When you get to the dock, you will receive a basket. Place your 5 fish max limit in the box. Please make sure to bring your boat board to the scales along with your basket.

Once you have had your fish weighed, you will be asked to sign a Weigh Slip. Make sure the correct weight is noted on this slip. Once you sign this slip, your weight becomes official. MAKE SURE IT IS CORRECT! You will receive a copy of this slip.

Hope this helps to make everything go as smooth as possible on Sunday. If there are any question, please post or feel free to call me at 651.343.9318.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

For those that have pre-registered, I just updated the listing of registered teams. Please check out the link below to get your team / boat number and to verify that your entry has been received and processed.

March 21st Event

Still lots of time to get registered! Everts is taking entries on site at the resort Friday & Saturday prior to the day of the event… see Steve Vick and he will set you up and get you registered for the March 21 tournament. We look to have some nice weather (for March anyway) for this event and we expect to see a strong turn out as we already have nearly 30 boats competing and we’re sure to see many more sign up the day of the event.

See ya’ all on Sunday!

CPRDave
    Lakeville, MN

Seems like the link to the IDA Walleye Tour info site has been broken since the site re-design last week. Is there another link we can use?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

There will be a link up very soon…

thanks for your patients

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

If anyone has any questions or needs an entry form, please feel free to call me at 651-343-9318, e-mail at [email protected] or shoot me a Personal Message here on the site. Heck, you can even reply to this message!

Thanks,

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.