Officer Schneider Scholarship Memorial this Sat.!!

• jimsiewert

All –
    Don’t forget to join in the 2nd Annual Officer Schneider Scholarship Memorial this weekend (July 13th) on Pool 4! Money raised will go to local scholarships in memory of Officer Schneider. Last years event raised $6,300 and we gave out (3) scholarships this past spring to kids going into Law Enforcement. After the tournament, we have a walleye dinner for participants and raffles that include: gun, bow, ice fishing shack, Buffalo County muzzle load hunt, numerous extremely nice gift certificates from Cabelas, Skeeter Center to name a few, along with NUMEROUS other prizes. You don’t want to miss this event – even if the fish aren’t cooperating the best!! Boats can register the morning of the tournament at Fiesta Foods Parking Lot in Lake City from 5am – 6:30am. Flight-out is at 7:00 am and weigh-in is at 3:00 PM, with the banquet beginning right afterwards at the Lake City Sportsman’s Club. Last year we had 71 boats and would like to best that! I have attached the entry or feel free to call me at 651-345-5035, or email me at [email protected]

gregstew
    Red Wing, MN

I know it says there is a walleye dinner for participants…. Is there other “tickets” or anything for “guests”? My wife might be meeting me later, and I was wondering about the dinner…..(Or should I just have her eat before meeting me?)

jimsiewert

We know many of you have family in town and they are more than welcome to join in for dinner at no cost. If we don’t have enough walleye caught – we will be having grilled burgers. BUT – we know you all will be catching plenty of walleye

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

How many boats are pre-registered?

jimsiewert

We are at 36 pre-registered. We have many signing up morning of tournament. We are expecting 50, if not more.

george55057

I have miss placed my tourney info. Is there a rule meeting tonight and if so when and where at. Thanks Geoffrey

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

No rules meeting identified. Show up at boat inspection at 5 am and get the low down and boat number etc. etc. This is the way tournaments should be held…we all know the basic rules and if there is anything specific that needs to be mentioned during boat inspection that information can be conveyed to the boater and co-angler. Good luck

dave53
    Altoona, WI

Any Results available?

jimsiewert

Kindly find attached the final results for the 2nd Annual Officer Schneider Scholarshop Memorial Tournament. 39 boats participated and we raised $4,000 for local school scholarships. Thanks to all for making this a success. A special “Thank You” to the anglers, volunteers & oranizations / people that made donations. We truly appreciate all that you do!

Set July 12th of next year on the calendar. We have our dates blocked in for the 3rd Annual Event.

On another note…..anyone have any thoughts on the sauger population on Pool 4?? This is the 3rd tournament I ran this year and we have had 9 total sauger 15″ or over brought to scale. I am keeping my opinion to my self, but what do you all think????

tharms
    Minnesota

Jim,

Thanks again to you and your staff for putting on a well run/fun event. Congrats on the dollars raised, this event is for a great cause. The food was great and thanks to the donors for the raffle prizes. I encourage more anglers to consider this event next year. It is well run and with plenty of fun afterwards.

Tim Harms

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.