RCL League Big Stone Report

• Steve Plantz
    SE MN

RCL BIG STONE LEAGUE PRO STANDINGS

RCL BIG STONE LEAGUE CO-ANGLER STANDINGS

I fished this tournament as a co-angler, it was the first RCL tournament I had ever fished and even though it was a tuff bite I had a blast. A cold front moved in mid week and shut down the fish big time. My partner Derick Wenck and I did manage to get on fish a half hour before weigh in, we caught two fish within six minuets of each other but only one of them was a legal fish, too bad we did not find them about an hour earlier we might have been able to bring in a limit. The good thing was that by weighing just one fish I was able to earn 167 league points. The winning weight was 9.11 lbs with 4 fish. Out of 61 teams there was only 78 fish caught. There was allot of IDA members there, I rode up with Gator Hunter & Chappy, we saw Buckshot & Stick Boy and Niteeye was there also. I would like to say congratulations to Pro-Staffers Don Hanson & Mike Finke on the boater side, Don came in 28th place with one 2.0 lb fish earning him 173 league points and Mike came in at 39th place with a 1.1 lb fish earning him 162 league points. Last but not least Congratulations to Niteeye on the co-angler side who came in 20th place with 2 fish weighing 3.8 lbs earning him 181 league points & he cashed a check for $61. I had a great weekend it was good to see all the familiar IDA faces there and to meet some new ones, see you guys in June at Mille-Lacs.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Congrats Guys!!! Fishing the Co-Angler side can be a very good learning and fun experience. Last year I traveled to the weigh ins of the tournaments as my son Nate fished the circuit and I heard alot of positive things said by both Co-Anglers and Walleye Leaque Pros about the tournaments. Thanks for the report Steve.
    Thanks, Bill

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

It was a tough bite no doubt about it.
    Sat night was a lot of fun sharing a few brewskis with Stickboy, Steve, Chappy, Gator Hunter and Nite Eye.
    Congrats to Niteeye for cashing a check….a couple more of those 15 ouncers that I got and I would have been right in there too.
    Maybe Mille Lacs will be better to all of us.
    John

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I’m still not sure if the fish could handle you and me as partners, But i sure would give it a try! Had a blast with you guy’s too. Hey niteeye, shut the door on the Tahoe next time!!!!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Hey guys

It was a pretty good time. Fishing a tourney in the cold, wind, and rain with no fish biting. What more could a guy ask for? Both Friday and Saturday evening were a blast. I would call it a definite “nuts flush”.

Niteye, shut the darn truck door.

Gator Hunter

Niteeye
    Nashua,Iowa

Thanks fellas. It was a fun time. Thanks again for setting up the Sauna to sleep in Steve. I was lucky enough to have a partner that had spent a lot of time on the lake and it gave us confidence to stick with a couple of spots.I am looking forward to Mille Lacs and just want some points.
    Alright I’ll get the door next time Chappy and Gator Hunter but somewhere there is an Irishman not breathing well. I look forward to sharing a brewski and conversation at Mille Lacs.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Where are you guys staying for the Mille Lacs RCL??
    Stick Boy and I are going to be at McQuoids right there in Isle, that is where the meeting is.
    Looking forward to seeing you guys up there.

That poor Irishman.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Where are you guys staying for the Mille Lacs RCL??
    Stick Boy and I are going to be at McQuoids right there in Isle, that is where the meeting is.
    Looking forward to seeing you guys up there.

That poor Irishman.

Buckshot what day are you & stickboy heading up? I am thiniking about heading up on wed or thurs, I might bring my camper up and stay at Father Hennepin State Park, I think that is pretty close to McQuoids, anyone know for sure?

Don Hanson

I may be staying at the park also Steve. The park is only a short distance from Mcquoids.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

I may be staying at the park also Steve. The park is only a short distance from Mcquoids.

What day will you be heading up?

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

The park is on the far west end of town, and MacQuids event center is just on the northend of the city limits. Mac’s Twin Bay Resort is just another 2-3 miles north on Highway 47.

jbob
    Hastings, MN

I think it was the fish that couldn’t handle you. Remember the Lund. See you at the big lake. We are staying at Karpens. We rent fish houses. Not bad.

jbob
    Hastings, MN

Chappy, my post was meant for you. see ya later.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Your just pick’in on me cuz I would’nt buy your boat! I went with a winner in that 1850 Fish Hawk! I’ll be staying with Gator Hunter at his Grandmas place up by Malmo, A bit of a drive but hey, it’s free!!!!

Don Hanson

Not until Friday, but we should see if we can get sites close to each other.

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

I’ll be staying about 1/2 mile from McQuoids at a buddies place right on the lake. Look forward to seeing some of you guys up there!

jbob
    Hastings, MN

I will have openings in my boat for Mille lacs for Thursday and maybe friday. Let me know if any one wants to go.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

I will have openings in my boat for Mille lacs for Thursday and maybe friday. Let me know if any one wants to go.

Jim I am going to try and get up there on thur too, I will let you know when I know for sure.

wallguy
    bloomington mn. covebay millelacs

Covebayguys cabin is avail. For thurs -fri -sat during RCL PM me if interested

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Hey gang.
    I highly recommend CoveBayGuy’s cabin. Waterfowler and I stayed there with a bunch of guys for the opener. It’s very roomy with plenty of beds and couches. And a bonus pool table and ping pong table to help unwind!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

How many people will it sleep and how far is it from McQuoids?

wallguy
    bloomington mn. covebay millelacs

It is about 15-20 minutes to Mcquids It has 1bedroom with double bed another bedroom with double bed 3rd bedroom now has 2 double beds and couch Game room has 2 pullout couches and plenty of room for cots or air matteress Please pm me if interested

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

You could sleep all the IDA guys going to Mille Lacs for this tourney. The place is huge.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.