POOL 13?

• chazdotz
    Orangeville Ilinois

Was just wondering if anyones heard anything on pool 13 walleyes was hoping to make it down this Saturday

fishsqzr

Lock & Dam gates changed from winter to summer operation on Friday. Gates now just skimming the water. Water is dirty with only about 8-10 inches of clarity. Not much fishing activity and not much catching reported in last 2-3 days.

mwohead

lets keep 13 up to date, I’ll be out in next 10 days and do my part

bigjigger2002
    Pearlcity , Illinois

I’ll be out Saturday with the wife so that means fishing for crappies and gills, if that doesn’t pan out,maybe I’ll try trolling for some eyes.I’ll post when I get back.

Joel Schultz
    Winthrop ,Iowa Wabasha, Mn.

I thought this pool below the dam was closed to fishing till the 15th? There is also new lenghth limits for those pools anything 20 to 27 inch must be released and one fish over 27 .Maybe Im wrong but they have been fining people in Dbq.You cant even have a pole in the boat.

gillsandspecks
    Hiawatha, Iowa

I heard that since Illinois did’nt go along with the Dam rule you can fish the Ill. side of the Bellevue Tail water. Does any body have more info on this? Gills

fishsqzr

IL DID go along with the regulation change – except in IL the law does not go into effect until April 1, 2004. Until then, you can fish the IL side of the river (the middle of the navigation channel marks the state boundry between IA and IL) IF you have an IL resident or non-resident license. Neither IL nor IA anglers may fish on the IA side (west side of the middle of the navigation channel)from the L&D to the mouth of Mill Creek. AT Bellevue, the middle of the lock chamber (not auxillary lock) is considered the middle of the navigation channel. After April 1, 2004 all laws on the river will be the same and this will not be possible anymore, that is, come December 1, 2004 the tailwaters will be closed to both IA and IL anglers until March 15, 2005.

fishsqzr

That does not sound quite right – the law states “closed to fishing”, says nothing about not being able to motor through the area as some boat ramps are within the closed area.

DMan
    Long Lake IL.

My understanding of this is Dec 1 2004 thru March 15 2005 the IL. side is closed to all fishing from Dam 12 to Little Mill Creek. I’m gettin this from the IL. 2004 regulations book. The Winter of 2004-2005 the state regs will line up.

tfuller4
    Marion, Ia

Is this Bellvue???????????????????////

Joel Schultz
    Winthrop ,Iowa Wabasha, Mn.

I would not take any chances? Yes below the Dbq dam and Bellvue and Clinton dams this is in affect the next 5 years.And remember the lenghth limits.Pools 12 thru 20 anything between 20 and 27 must be released asap and only 1 fish over 27 can be kept,Not that you would want to.Its my understanding that Illinois is in affect now till march 15

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

It will be in effect for Bellvue, as well as Dubuque and Clinton dams for both states next year. Already in effect all 3 dams on the Iowa side of the channel for a few more days. Also a change in bag limits for walleyes and saugers in aggregate, but I’m not sure what the limit changes are. Mybe fishsqzr could help us out with those .
    Rooster

fishsqzr

Bag limit changes will be from 10 fish (of which only 6 could be walleye)to 6 fish in any combination (The bag limit regulation is allready in effect for Iowa, will go into effect for IL and WI on April 1, 2004 and will effect Pools 9-19). Possession limit is twice the daily limit for Iowa anglers and I do not beleive that IL anglers have a possession limit. The 15 inch minimum length limit for walleye will remain in effect, thus allowing harvest of walleye from 15 to 19.9 inches, all fish from 20-27 inches are protected, with 1 fish over 27 allowed per day, per angler(however, the 20-27 protected slot and 1 over 27 will only be in effect on Pools 12-19). WI did not agree to this regulation change, IA and IL did.

chazdotz
    Orangeville Ilinois

Forgot about the river sections being closed seeing how it is the first year for the rule changes. Anyhow I agree with the closed areas if it helps the future of fishing. I agree lets keep pool 13 updated on all species of fish. It’s nice to get on here and find some information on local fishing. Won’t be able to make it out until the 20th.will post back with results

bigjigger2002
    Pearlcity , Illinois

Didn’t make it out on Sat. to much wind for me, did anybody else make it out?

gillsandspecks
    Hiawatha, Iowa

The River Temp is still about 34 degrees, I suggest waiting a bit longer. Gills

fishsqzr

Talked to several people fishing today (March 15, 2004) on IL side of river. They had about a dozen sauger in the 13-16 inch range. All three tailwaters (Dubuque, Bellevue, and Clinton) open for fishing tomorrow (March 16, 2004).

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.