Closed Dams Pools 11,12,13

• big-muddy
    Rockfalls, Illinois

Can anyone give me a definite answer on weather the dams will be closed come Dec. 1st. Nobody seems to know what the heck is going on. Did they decide to open them up this year or not? They were supposed to have meetings to determine this issue but I have not heard their decision. I know they are keeping the slot (good thing) but they couldn’t make up their minds on just when to open the dams.

haasjj
    Cordova, IL

Iowa has opened them, but I can’t say as if Illinois has done the same. So as long as you’re on the Iowa waters, you should be fine. If in doubt, give your local Conservation Police Officer a call. They should have been briefed last week. And the slot IS still in effect.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Big Muddy I just got off the phone with the DNR for Region 1. Which LD-13 & LD-14 are part of. The answer I got was that for Iowa the law has changed to allow fishing after Dec 1st. I must stress he said Iowa laws. He also stated that his Chief has the ability to instruct his CO’s to ignore the Illinois law and mirror the Iowa law but they HAVE NOt done that yet. Also he added that we should look for any announcement that the IDNR might make in regards to changing this law yet in 2010. Or we could do what I did when it gets closer to Dec 1st and that’s call them. They did say if you fish on the Iowa side of the river ONLY with the way the law is now you would be legal. Glenn

big-muddy
    Rockfalls, Illinois

Thanks so much for the info. If I go I’ll make sure I stay on the Iowa side, unless I find out otherwise. Thanks again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.