POOL 14 WILL THE HIGH WATER EVER END!

• jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

I started my day by wading throw knee deep water just to launch the boat. The river is still a mess , with grass and very muddy water. I hit a running slough to start the day with a nice 19 incher falling for my bomber. I threw every thing I had on this spot , but just one taker. I jigged up 2 off a sand bar and pulled one on a Red Eye Shad Spoon off a different bar. That was it for the walleyes today , I caught a few sheepies and cat’s to keep it interesting. It was nice to get out , but I’m sure getting sick of this high water. In a normal year you would be trying to find a little flow, this year you can’t hardly get out of it. I just hope “Mother Nature” turns of the faucet soon , so the river can get back to normal for the fall bite. Bring on some cool stable weather.

gary d
    cordova,il

I will go for normal too!!!- – -AAAAAAmen

first-light
    Quad Cities

I have been on the Miss River a total of 3 times this year.
    I have only so much patience and daylight in the summer.
    I decided to trailer my boat to Lake Michigan.
    I have fished for Salmon, Yellow Perch and Walleye during my trips. The 3 hour ride is pretty well worth it when you bring home 25 pounds of Salmon fillet ($$$$).
    I might try the river this Wed. the water is suppose to start falling.
    I was thinking about slipping the boat in today (Sun.), but during my bike ride up the river I noted logs, garbage, the usual stuff. To err on the side of safety I scratched it.
    To bad the weather has not been agreeable.

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

Well Mica, at least you got out and caught a few. The condition of the river is what we usually see in early spring. Are you going to fish the I.W.T in November? It should be a good event.

jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

I plan on fishing the I.O.W.A tourney Sept. 5th pool 16 , the Exelon charity tourney Oct. 23 pool 14, and the IWT tourney the 7th of November. I’m going to have a busy fall. I need to shoot a couple of deer in there also. It should be a fun Autumn. I hope to see you guy’s there. If you need a entry form for the Exelon tourney let me know I can get you one.

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Oh I hear yea, I’m so sick of this crap. It isn’t just P14 it’s all of Iowa. These levels may last through Fall and in that case I’ll have a 3-4 hour drive one way up North.

robby
    Quad Cities

Let’s be real about this. This is the third stright year of messed up around here. Both the Rock and Miss..

uhlee1
    Dav. IA

I have my fingers crossed for this fall. The walleye havn’t seen a jig and crawler all year, so I know they will be hungry!!!!

john mannerino
    Chicago IL

Tell me about it. I have trips booked for Sept, Oct ,Nov. comming up. I already had to cancell a bunch. It looks like the wet pattern is over for now, but I know up stream its still heavy with grass.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

You guys are due for a break no doubt, bet you have a awesome fall bite comin your way soon!

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Quote:

You guys are due for a break no doubt, bet you have a awesome fall bite comin your way soon!

That is sure what I am counting on Dean! It has been the worst summer I can recall for ‘eye fishing. I think there should be a boat load of unharrassed piggies out there to keep us busy in the fall.
    I have not fished a tourney in several years, but I think with so much going on locally this fall I’ll just have to give it a go. Should be a great fall!

john mannerino
    Chicago IL

Should be a great fall bite when it going to happen. John, I wish I could fish that tourney but i`m sticking to my guns as far as being retired from it. I will be there harressing you guys to keep away from our spots!!!! HEHEHE. Dean, come down, I will need some backup with this!!!! Sounds like a cook out brewing sat night at the pine motel by you.

hnd

anyone fishing 16 on the 5th? me and my partner are undecided.

first-light
    Quad Cities

I am giving it a try this weekend. Might slip the boat in at Sunset though not p14.
    Anyone else?

tony_apisa

So Wapo, what are you saying? THE GLOVES ARE OFF! Bring it on Big Daddy..

john mannerino
    Chicago IL

Just remember one thing greaseball, you can cast those one eyes a country mile!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I am due for a trip down your way….are the ramps open?

Well the water may not be ideal for you guys,but it appears the harassment level has never been better!

john mannerino
    Chicago IL

AHHH us FIBS can do it with the best of them Dean. My next trip there is Sept 25th and the IWT tourney is 11/7. The sept date is our plumbers camping trip in Port Bryon. If you want to let your hair down for a weekend come on down. We eat/drink good!!!

tony_apisa

You have never been camping before, until you’ve experienced A Mannarino Fest. Enough food to feed a small country and enough alcohol to raise the river to flood stage. But best of all. The greatest bunch of guys you’ll ever meet. Looking forward to it Wapo.

tony_apisa

Quote:

Just remember one thing greaseball, you can cast those one eyes a country mile!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I’ll take all that you throw at me.

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

You two really need to behave.

tony_apisa

He statred it!

hnd

looks like we will be just a few feet above normal on pools 14-16 by the weekend. of course the 4 day forcast of rain doesn’t look awesome.

john mannerino
    Chicago IL

I will be up fishing pool 7-8 next weekend. It should be settled after that if the rain comes easy.

tony_apisa

Quote:

I give!!!

Don’t give up now Wapo. I was looking forward to all those free One Eyes and Shad Spoons.LOL

Will you be fishing with Hutch or Gaylan next weekend?

john mannerino
    Chicago IL

Prefishing with Gaylen. Was going there to do a wifey thing and as it turns out, the big G has a MMWS tourney out of tremp.So I told him I would prefish with him.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.