Dog Days of Summer!

• dugout
    Dubuque Ia

Last sunday we managed 4 fish over 26″ and one 25″ fish in my boat, Not to count out the 20″ and 4 keepers! What dog days of summer!! Now the river has so much grass I cant even load my boat! Bummer. Good luck everyone!

mudneck_joe
    SE MN

Was wondering what kind of technique you were using and what pool you were on.

dugout
    Dubuque Ia

Pulling Cranks on pool 12.

jags

Nice job. Over the last couple of years, pool 12 has really produced some quality fish. I haven’t landed that trophy yet, but 25″ fish are not uncommon.

Ya really whacked a boatload of nice ones there.

If ya don’t mind, what “type” of areas were you pulling the cranks. Not asking for honey holes, but was just wondering if you were on flats, wing dams, channel edge, etc.

Edit: I had to take another view of those awesome fish ya had, and it prodded my memory. I think I saw you boys out there fishing.

dugout
    Dubuque Ia

Yah it is not hard to miss the blue stratos. But the trick really seemed to be deeper than usual. and also the structure scan is what put us on them. They were all literally stacked in one spot, completely visible on the Structure scan. But as you know the river levels and weather changes so much every day is different. Not my biggest fish by no means, but the most “big” ones in my boat in one day.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.