need a new river map

• john mannerino
    Chicago IL

my OLD map has had it. I could use a phone number where buy a new one. Thanks in advance,John Mannerino

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

They have about 3 different types at everett’s resort and fish cleaning station on pool 4 of the missisippi River sytem… Ask the local fish cleaner steve and he will get you one for a good price…….

nate-cadwell
    Rochester, Mn

Hey Jon

go to any walmart or Gander Mountain and get a pool 4 Hot Spots map they are the best map I have found for any body of water alot of good detail to them.

Nate Cadwell

Anonymous

How do you guys know he wants one for Pool 4? I think John lives in Illinois and fishes the southern pools.

Id suggest going to your local library and making photocopies of the hotspots map. Or try ordering a new hotspots map from: Fishing Hotspots website

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

I said you could buy them AT pool 4 (everett’s) he has a book even that has the pools all the way down the river on…… I don’t know what kind of detail//// but he has more than pool 4 map’s…..

BretN

You could also call the US Army Corp of Engineers library and order one of their map books for the whole upper Mississippi. They are a bargain at less than $15 I think. They don’t give you fishing hotspots, but shoreline detail including riprap, wingdams and navigational aids are all there. They are a nice reference to have. Hope that helps. Bret

Beaver

John, not sure what you’re looking for. Hot Spots has Pool 4/Lake Pepin. I have a Hot Spots map of Pool 13 that you can have if you want it. Other than that you’re better off getting a book of charts from the Army Corps of Engineers. It doesn’t have marked fishing locations, but it has all the wing dams, closing dams, all the mile markers, it’s great for navigation. If you want the Pool 13 Hot Spots map just gimme a holler.

Beav

flatoutally
    MN

If anyone is looking for a nice cheap (free) little book that covers the river from Hastings to Iowa. It’s called the ‘Mississippi River Guide’ from the Minnesota DNR. It’s a small format book, 5″x9″, or so. Each map covers 6 – 10 miles of the river and includes wing dams, daymarks, mile markers, accesses, parks, etc. I keep it in the boat just in case I find myself wandering a little farther from home than normal.

Here’s the DNR map page: http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/information_center/maps.html

1-888-MINNDNR if you want to have them send you the Mississippi River Guide.

NKT
    Louisa County, Iowa

Might not be what you’re looking for but you can also get the navagational maps off the Corps of Engineers web site.

john mannerino
    Chicago IL

Opps, I`m sorry I didnt say what kind of map I was looking for. I was looking for the navigation charts from the army corps. I dug into there site and got a number for a place on the IL river at starved rock but they were out and didnt know when they were getting more in. so if anybody knows of another place to get one it would be great.Beaver thanks but I have that one on 13 already. Thanks, John

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

http://www.mvr.usace.army.mil/navdata/navchart.htm

I printed those out a couple years ago now and put them in my chart book. They were good enough that I can almost always nail down where I am no matter if the mile markers are in sight or not. The ones on the web have actually been updated and are better than the ones in my book. Maybe time for me to do it again.

Can’t beat the price. – Gianni

LeoKam
    Camp Lacupolis, MN

John, I got my chartbook by filling out a printed form from their website, 2 years ago, and mailing it in with a check. The address was: U.S.Army Engineer Dist., St. Paul

ATTN: Library

190 5th St. E.

St. Paul, MN. 55101-1638

Sorry I dont have a phone number or the URL to print out the order form. Do a search on their website, it might be there.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.