P4 Best but it didn’t last long

• Jeff Harecy
    Hager City, Wi.

Had freinds and family out for some Pool 4 excitement and thats exactly what we found. Spent Saturday on upper pool 4 trying to troll up some big walleye’s that we located the evening before. Long story short weeds hampered our efforts. So we went to a little known summer walleye technique, throwing blade baits. My son Tanner landed his personal best walleye on an orange blade, a very healthy 24
    incher. I was as proud as he was, mainly because that was the only walleye we caught that day. His grandpa Budde also caught what I believe was his personal best Northern, check out that smile. Sunday brought a change of game plan we had to get away from the weeds so we went south. On the very first pass we landed another decent Northern and next was a 25 incher that Curt is displaying and then it happens, we hear a little noise from the front of the boat and see Tanner rushing to his rod holder. After a beautiful fight he lands his new personal best a 29.5″ 9# walleye. I only wish I could get my personal best 2 days in a row. Our short 2 hour trip ended with this fish, a 25″, a 24″ and a 20″. Oh and that northern that I thought might be a state record walleye. The funny thing is that minutes before Tanner caught his first PB I was telling his grandpa that this young man is turning into quite a fisherman. And then he commences to put on a show.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Sounds like a good time Jeff. I got a few walleye and a bunch of smallies on friday throwing Everts gold blades down on the Alma Float. Even got a big gill on a holographic blade.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Looks like you guys had ALOT better luck on that end of the pool than we did… Congrats to the both of them on thier PB’s, its going to take a big fish to beat those PB’s

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Great to see you got the whole crew onto some fish. wish i would have been able to make it down this weekend, but hopefully see ya this coming weekend

And congrats to Tanner once again

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The young fisher people of today are going to blow us away with the short learning curves that we have now days.

Looking like a great summer of 09 weekend out of Everts!

redneck
    Rosemount

Sounds like you had a blast Jeff. Nothing like getting the kids into fishing. I see a new tournament partner in your future. Get use to the view from the back of the boat though—I have learned to prefer it Chris graduates Thursday so hope to see you on the water soon.
    Rich

Brian Lyons

Way to go guys

Good fish Tanner!!!
    I’ll bet Budde knew he’d been for a ride when he landed that pike…..Looks like you all had action, sorry I missed you…….See ya soon…B

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Way to go Tanner and Budde!!!
    Sounds like I just missed you guys Sunday.

Jeremy

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Congrats guys . Tanner…..way to show the the ol man how it’s done!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.