pool 10 night fishing walleye?

• HommeDeNord
    Independence, Iowa.

Can a person catch walleyes at night with any success? I am going to pool 10 with for kids for a camping trip in 10 days and made a post in the catfish forum. But then wondered is i could possibly catch walleyes at night with any consistancy? Just wondered if any of you ever try this. Thanks guys.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

You know, I have never really messed around with the walleyes at night once the spring run was over…Mostly all i catch is those pesky cat fish at night..

Good Luck and let us know how it works out for you

waleyangler
    woodbury,mn

ive done it on pool 3 1 time and canada all the time. throw top guns,rouges,husky jerks,or any kind of stick bait up to a wind blown shoreline or anywhere with some weed growth. the walleyes will smack it its like a ton of bricks. the time we did it on p3 we got around 10 after dark with the biggest on my first cast of the night (27) but that was in mid summer with stable water temps. who knows what itd be like this year. but i guess if you cant get the eyes to go chase the whisker fish. those are fun. i just use a texas rig in a backwater with either night crawler, shrimp,or chicken livers. man you can have a blast. target some slower water with a depth of 3 to 7…

hope this helps,

waleyhuntr51

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

The cat fish guys seem to catch them after dark with bull heads. Tuesday night we had a good bite going on shallow rocks as it was getting dark up here on pool 2.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.