Pool 2 PB

• b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

My brother had a couple days off so I took some vacation and we decided to hit Pool 2 for a couple days. It was very slow. But I was able to pick up my personal best on a white hair jig. She measured in at just a hair short of 29.5”. Unfortunately my scale wasn’t working properly. It kept showing 3lbs. We did have another scale in the boat but it needed to be dug out and battery changed so we decided to get her back in the water instead. It would have been nice to know the weight but I am confident I can say I finally joined the 10lb club. And a big thanks to Mike Westman for giving me some great advice.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Nice fish, I think I know that spot.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

No doubt that fish surpassed 10 lbs.

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

Nice start to the pool 2 PB season!

r._kayle
    Cedar Falls, IA

Looks to be closer to 11.5 – 12lb. Range. Awesome fish!

redneck
    Rosemount

wow, that thing is a tank
    Congrats on the very nice fish!

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

The P2 pigs are on the chew nice job on the PB

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Nice fish! Congratulations!

Jami

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

Looks to be closer to 11.5 – 12lb. Range. Awesome fish!

I agree!!! What a tank! congrats

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Without a doubt you have joined the 10lb club! Congrats.

FDR

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I’d say you are now in the 10 lb club. Great fish.

sodak
    Andover, MN

Awesome fish

JasonP
    Twin Cities

holy

nice fish

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Beauty fish B!! Easily 10, likely 11 + Must have been a great feeling watching her swim away!!

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Looks like a tank. Bet that thing isn’t too shy of 12. What a HOG!!! WAY TO GO!!!

690reece
    Hutchinson,Minnesota

Congrats on the PB and also on getting her back in the water quickly! Nothing makes me than someone keeping a fish out of water for 5 minutes while they get the camera and scale out. Have it ready and C.P.R.
    Nice Job!!

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Maybe your scale was measuring the eggs inside her? I’d bet those were at least 3lbs?

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

BTW…nice job on getting that non-descript shoreline in the background. Anyone know where that pic was taken?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Nice fish! Congrats.

-J.

powereyes
    Elk River, MN

Very nice!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

BTW…nice job on getting that non-descript shoreline in the background. Anyone know where that pic was taken?

It’s pool 2. Not like you can box it up and take it for a ride…. Pretty non descript background if you ask me.

-J.

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

Quote:

Even though that fish was caught there today doesn’t mean they will be there tomorrow. That river is changing quickly! Not quite the same as last year.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Thanks guys. My brother was the calm one and kept the net in the water while I got the cameras, scale, and the other tools out. It also gave me time to stop hyperventilating. It was great watching her swim away.

Oh and anybody that is concerned that I gave away their secret spot, I hate to break it to you that it isn’t that much of a secret. If I am fortunate to catch a girl like that again I will be sure to put it in the box and take the opportunity to get busted to protect your not so secret spot.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Way to go Brent. Congrats. That fish is a freaking tank. I’d say the Curtis curse has been lifted.

As for the complaint about the background…
    Try going home and kicking the dog rather than kicking sand in someones face for posting an awesome picture of his PB walleye.

les_welch

Quote:

maybe I am misreading this, but I think he is asking where it is? Not mad that the pic was taken their, just my guess.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

If thats the case, why use these things?

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Quote:

If thats the case, why use these things?

Geez…Sorry…was trying to be funny? Guess some people can’t take a joke? I wasn’t really digging for the spot…just making comment on how some parts of P2 have backrounds one can recognize and your pic didn’t have it. I wasn’t trying to offend anyone. How did you get that out of my post?? That’s really [censored] U ming!!

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

MnFish,
    Sorry I misunderstood your post. I’ve never fished Pool 2, so I have no idea if that background is a well known one. I didn’t think it looked that way though. Unfortunately, there seems to always be people that criticize the background on pictures that are posted. I just didn’t realize you were being sarcastic with your comments and not trying to rain on his parade. My bad.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.