Mississippi River Pool 14

• big-muddy
    Rockfalls, Illinois

Going to fish Pool 14 out of Clinton on Sat. Has anyone been out this last week? I see the river is going down, but how is the clarity? Have the fish started moving yet? They are starting to move on the Rock River. There have been a few fish caught at the dam in Rockfalls. A young kid caught a 10lber the other day. He said he was goig to have it mounted. L&D 13 opened up to fishing on the 16th. Has anybody been out?

cupspits

afew fish were caught yesterday but only the early bite was going and that wasnt very good we got there late had to take kids to school we didnt see any caught but heard so i figure it had to be early. clarity bhad improved some still bad though.

big-muddy
    Rockfalls, Illinois

That’s good news. At least they are starting to bite. How many boats were out? I’m sure that the regulars were out.Thanks Cupspit.

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

I have not been out yet, but my brother was out on the 16th. Very tough bite for him as well. With the high bright sky the only fish he found were in 20+ feet, and changing presentation, colors, etc was key to getting bit.

big-muddy
    Rockfalls, Illinois

Thanks John. Every little bit of info helps me to put it together when I’m on the water.If your over there and you see a light brown Xpress boat with a 150 Johnson on the back, stop and say hello. I like to meet the guys who fish that pool and I know you fish it alot.

cupspits

actually jon the three walleyes i have got in last two outings have been in 10 to 12 feet on clam beds im thinking about giving it a shot on friday

cupspits

there was probably 20 to 30 boats out

janning

Hey guys I am new to the area, currently going to school at palmer. This will be my first spring fishing the miss, I was wondering if there were any good deep holes at pool 14 that can be reached from shore (no boat available). Thanks for your help!

mikez
    Missoula MT, Eldridge IA

Hadn’t planned to get the boat out until April but, this warmer weather sure has put a bug in me!!! (The honey do list might get delayed for awhile.) Made a quick run past the Princeton launch the other day. Don’t think you could launch there as it was full of logs and debris, because it’s off the main current and protected. I’d assume the ramps further north are in better shape. Many logs out in the main channel???

janning….
    Most of my spots on 14 are on the Illinois side and you would need a boat. Maybe some of the other more experienced Pool 14 fisherman can help. I have seen a number of folks fishing from shore at Lock and dam 14, just south of
    Le Claire. Just don’t know how they do there. You might want to post that same question for Pools 15 and 16. I know some nice fish come out of those pools too. Good Luck!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.