Pool 16

• bigjigger2002
    Pearlcity , Illinois

Anything happening down on pool 16, I’d like to catch a few eater eyes down there this weekend. And is there a decent motel close by the Marquette street ramp? Any help would be appreciated.

aabfeh
    QCA

I drove by there on Sunday on a little scouting trip. The water below the rollers was terribly high and muddy. Not close to being fishable. I could see a couple of boats on the lock wall but that was it. It didn’t go back in the slough to see if anything was happening. Ramp seemed good.

hnd

before the front last week guys were catching both walleyes and saugers in between the roller dam and the boat as well as in the holes behind the wingdams along credit island.

bigjigger2002
    Pearlcity , Illinois

Thanks for the info guys.I’m trying to make the decision on weather to go north, guttenburg,lynxville,genoa or south down to 14 (I know the tailwaters still closed in this pool) or down to pool 16.

jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

If I was you I would re-think pool 14 it is extremely muddy. And we are going to get big rains this weekend. I don’t know what the water is like up north , but I would find out before you make the trip. The weather just won’t give us a break this year .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.