Anybody on pool 2 today-saturday 10/20?

• Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

Thinking of hitting pool 2 tomorrow, but am wondering about the river conditions. I went over the Mendota Bridge this morning and saw a pretty large tree floating down the Minnesota.

fredbart
    St. Paul

I was wondering the same thing; looking at heading out tomorrow afternoon. Anybody been out and about?

Big E
    Saint Paul, MN area

Was out this morning – tougher bite than earlier in the week, but we did get fish. Nothing to write home about. However, the river is coming up. It’s getting muddy, and their was definitely an increase in debris. I bumped two good size objects while on plane that I never even saw. Be aware. Water temp was 55-56F.

Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

Thanks Big E. Well, it’s about 5:30a.m. Sunday morning. I am going to head down to the 494 access here before to long. I’ll try and post what I find by this afternoon.

Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

Well, I just got back from a tough morning on the river. I’d say the river isn’t terrible but it’s definitely up. I didn’t see billowing clouds of mud in the main channel but did see some of that in one of the side channels I checked out. I use a white sock filled with rocks to weigh down a marker, with that I could see the top of the sock 6″ down, so that’s the clarity. Water temp was 55 degrees. There was plenty of junk floating down the river, so watch out.

I tried several different wing dams with no luck. Throwing different color Kalin Tails on various jig weights. Tried drop shotting a Smithwick Rattlin Rogue on the top of a few dams with no luck. Tried throwing Kalin Tails to a rip rap rocky point with no luck. Tried jig dragging in side channel with no luck. Didn’t have any live bait to try. Did see a few others on the water, hope to hear if anybody had better luck than me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.