pool 14 report

• jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

I made it out for a few hours tonight. The water clarity stinks the flow picked up alot and there is debris everwhere. I knew it was going to be tough. The fish have moved with the flow increasing so much. The dams I have been fishing did not produce a single bite. I went to a little rock point that has produced very well for me in the fall. I ended up with a 19 and a 17.5 inch walleye also one smallie. The eyes came on hair jig and blade. If you get out be careful there is lots of wood floating down the river.

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Good report, don’t hear many reports from that area. My roommate is actually from Port Byron.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Thanks for the report and good job under the tough conditions. Did you happen to notice the water temp?

evileye
    Milan Il

I haven’t been in Pool14 for a while Jeff but down stream in Pool 16 it’s still in the low 70″s, way to warm for this time of the year

robby
    Quad Cities

I fished upper 14 a couple days ago. The word debris does not describe the amount of dead Eel Grass coming down. Tony is right too, 14 was 62degrees when I hit the water and 2 days before that 16 was near 71. Let’s hope the river cleans and clears up soon! By the way, I did not catch any Walleyes, I was fishing for green and brown fish. Caught them ok, but not good.

lundboy
    IA,Princeton

Sat on the dock tonight to enjoy the sunset and couldn’t believe all the debris coming down. Going to try for some cats in the morning and then hit a few dams as well Was really hoping for a little cooler weather this weekend,

Fishon1
    Eastern Iowa

I was on pool 14 on Thursday and agree with Jig fan. Lots and lots of debris and very few fish. I guess I did not find that rock point since I did not catch a single walleye. In fact I don’t think that I had a bite from a walleye.

Jig fan. we should get together for a fishing trip. I launch from the ramp in the backwaters of Camanche. I try to get out every Thursday.

Have a great day.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.