pool 14 Sept. 30

• jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

I was on the river a day break this morning the bait was busting all over . The walleye bite was pretty slow for me just four in about six hours of fishing . Two were real nice slot fish both 24 inchers and two 14 inchers. The stripers were on fire I caught them til my arms were sore the are running very big this year. They just love blade baits. I think you would catch more eyes if you could keep the stripers off the hook. I tried throwing crank and jigging but the only thing the eyes would hit was the blades. They are just inhaling it when they hit. Hopfully the large schools of stripers will start to reduce the number of bait fish . That should help the walleye bite.

evileye
    Milan Il

Thanks for the report ,Glad to hear you guys are getting a few up there and Those white bass sound like a ball

uhlee1
    Dav. IA

We had the same thing on pool 16. Just destroyed the stripeys. Unfortunately no walleyes though.

skyguy
    Park View, IA

Your arms are aching….my hearts aching, … I just can’t seem to get out on the water this week! Fall stripers/white are (all due respect for Mr. Walleye) about the most fun you can have on the river!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.