Weeds.

• HommeDeNord
    Independence, Iowa.

And finally my last post. Looking for some advise on how to prevent the floating weeds in pool 10 to possibly be diverted from my cranks. I have tried a small split shot but that seems to cause my cranky to spin and or run very eratic, thatks for any advise.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I have never fished pool 10 but I’ve heard that it is a big problem down on that pool. If you clip off the one hook on the back treble hook that faces the front of the crankbait it might help cut down on catching as many weeds as you are now. [In other words, the rear treble has 3 hooks on it. One of them faces the front of the crankbait-cut that one off.] Hope it helps. Thanks, Bill

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I’ve used a barrel swivel instead of a split-shot. Never noticed that it changes the action, but I put it about 6 ft in front of the crank.

MikeR
    MN, Dakota

Sometimes I put a few beads and a small spinner blade ahead of a barrel swivel. The blade seems to “deflect” allot of junk before it reaches the crank and they run cleaner longer. I usually use a quick change clevis so I can change the size of the blade depending upon which crank I’m running. The willow leaf blades seem to work a little better for me and provide a little attraction in stained water. This has worked with some of the recent may fly hatches that make me cry. I can hardly wait for things to get cleaned up. Good luck.

MrMarbleeyes
    Harpers Ferry, Iowa

Forget all that grass and go sheephead fishing after all I heard you were the king P.S. the barrel swivel works best for me too.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

These are all intresting note !! I just hook 220 up to my reel and when the weeds start building up ,I just hit the switch and FRY them off

thanks for the tips guys !!

HommeDeNord
    Independence, Iowa.

MrMarbleeyes It is pleasant to see that you have finally joined us. An every weekend guru of walleye fishing, 9th place finisher in the Cabellas National Championship, and a Contender in the W.A.T. tourney trail will have a great deal to add to the site. The only thing is; I hope is that your disfunctional reading ability does not impeed your enjoyment of this great site. Also if you are going to pass on fairie tales such as ME being the “sheepie” king I hope you have some evidence to back that crule statement. Because as I remember over the 4th I had to tell you where to find the walleyes…LOL Just kiddin…..For all of the rest of you MrMarbleyes is my forman I have to be a bit carefull.

HommeDeNord
    Independence, Iowa.

Ecnook…Are any of the power lines condusive to the 220..you might have a pretty good Idea going here

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hey Guys, the title of Sheephead King is now become a coveted title, an honor. You see, Sheephead eat Zebra Mussels so next time you catch a Sheepie, give em a big kiss before you gently put her back in the water. Thanks, Bill

HommeDeNord
    Independence, Iowa.

Thanks Bill..I am hoping now that I know that that MrMarbleeyes will post the pic with my sheepie and myslef wearing the covented “Kings Crown”. On a serious note I would love to read a bit about that topic, If you have a few leads on articles about the sheepie and zebra mussles I would enjoy reading that…Thanks P.s. We are heading ouyt to Lake Erie next weekend and from what I have heard the sheep head can come pretty large on the lake. I hope we get into some good walleye action.MrMarbleeyes wants us to hit the smallies for a day, he say,s that the smallies can be pretty darn fun on Erie.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.