Bellevue Report Sought

• kornking
    Mount Vernon, Iowa

All:

I *might* (its been a dang busy spring!) get a chance to head out to the river on Saturday afternoon/eve.

Since I don’t want to spend all my time driving, I’d like to stay somewhat close to home-and that means pools 9-13

What’s the skinny on Bellevue, Dubuque, Guttenberg and/or Lynxville? Is anyone on to any sort of pattern?

Are we done with jigs? Time to break out the trolling gear?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Joe

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

My buddies are pulling now instead of lifting. She’s been dropping steadily all week. Still very high and swift, but coming down.

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

Joe,

A good friend of mine fished Bellevue yesterday (Thursday) and he did very well keeping his limit of walleyes. He also released a couple nice big females. He was not fishing by the dam but was pulling double rapalas a few miles downstream from Bellevue. The same area produced many walleyes in last weekend’s WAT tournament. I have also heard of a few post-spawn walleyes being taken off of “high-water” wingdams in the DBQ area. They are beginning to congregate. The river is dropping nicely (never really got too-high) and more and more places are becoming fishable. I leave next Wednesday for 4 days of fishing up in pool 9 and I can’t wait. This is an annual camping/fishing/partying trip a bunch of us make to Lansing the last week of April. We did very well up there last year catching lots of walleyes most of which were caught casting crankbaits.

Eyehunter

superdave
    NE IA

Lynxville is at 65,000 cfs, and 55 for a water temp. I’ll be out on saturday. Probably start off pitching/casting at the dam.

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

I fished 14 for a few hours Thursday. Did not find the walleyes, but had a BLAST catching white bass in several areas. Pitching paddle tails caught 15 or more large prespawn white bass, a 12 pound sheepy, and a couple buffalo! Most near the rocks at the dam and in and around creek mouths. Not what I was looking for, but after a long time off the water, it was great to feel the tug of some fish and get the winter dust off me and the boat!

Flow was still over 100,000 cfs, with my surface temps reading 50-53 degrees. It’ll be a couple weeks before it gets really good down here. Good luck Joe, let us know how ya do!

kornking
    Mount Vernon, Iowa

I know ha ya feel John! We took the kids crappie fishing tonight on Macbride, action was slow, but such a nice evening to be out.

I tell ya what, they may not get as much respect as other species, but a big drum peeling line off your reel is just plain fun!

Looks like its gonna be Sunday instead of Saturday, fellas. Assuming I make it out, I’ll pipe in on how we do.

Joe

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.