Pool 13 Today

• pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

This wasn’t me, but thought I’d pass it on. My buddy and his brother fished Bellevue today. Actually, they’ve been fishing it almost everyday. Anyway, today they brought home, 9 sauger and 1 eye. All fish were 17 to 20 inches. They caught a bunch of fish, many were small. Those boys throw nothing but Sassy shads this time of year. Always vertical jig them. They always fish north of Pleasant Creek. The water is really down, and the flow is almost down to 40k.

Big E
    Saint Paul, MN area

Good to see the reports from down south — keep them coming!! I recently moved to the twin cities area from Davenport IA. Good to hear some fishing reports from back that way.

herb
    6ft under

Jeff, could you be a little more specific there buddy?
    just kidding!

tfuller4
    Marion, Ia

Wow, the big ones must have moved up because there had been nothing but small fish at Guttenberg and Bellvue lately. It’s good to see there are some decent fish roaming the iowa damms.

sljoe

I like to see the posts as well. I only fish that area in the spring and can’t get out this weekend. I will be out next weekend. Do you think they will still be on the bite? Is that about the mix of fish or where are the more numerous walleye now. I know I alway catch a lot more sauger there then walleye but I was wondering if I am doing something wrong…… How deep were they????? Any help would be great…..

sljoe

One more question… Anyone ever do any good on the northern on pool 13.??

bigjigger2002
    Pearlcity , Illinois

Thanks for the report Jeff I was on pool 13 Friday water is really really low,fishing was very slow.

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

sljoe, I’ve never targeted northerns in Pool 13, but I’ve caught more than a few fishing crankbaits on the wing dams, rip rap and shore line structure in the last couple years. Caught a couple 10+ lbers. near the dam a coupe falls ago.
    Rooster

Slowhand

Hello:
    New to this internet stuff but will try this.

For you folks that like to fish pool 13 and other pools there is a fellow that does a radio outdoor show every week from Savanna Ill named mike cize, (?spelling) and he is the writer for the dubuque paper. We had this fellow at our club and WOW!!, you want to learn river fishing he is it. Great guy to talk to. Folks say he is one of the best around and always seems to find some fish. Saw his stuff in midwest outdoor mag and it really works. He does give river reports and tips for free on e-mail. don’t have address at hand but he lists it in paper or maybe someone here has it. Anyway, just wanted to let you know about this pool-13 guy. Great place here!!
    Bye, Slowhand

herb
    6ft under

Welcome slowhand. Mike Cyze is a regular contributor to Midwest Outdoors mag. His email is [email protected]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.