LYNXVILLE 11/25

• 192-fazer
    Cedar Falls Ia.

I made it up to Lynxville on Saturday around 6 am after a 2 hour drive. It was still dark as I made my way up to the dam. There were only two boats up there at the time, but they were right where I wanted to start. I did not try to squeeze in on their spot although I could have. The water temperature was 41 degrees and there was water coming over two of the five rollers. So there was some current over by the short wall. Later that day the corp lowered a third roller which really got the current rolling over there and most of the guys that had been fishing over there abandoned that side. I moved down below the long wall and vertical jigged and pitched shallow. You had to pick your spots as there is still some patches of grass in some areas, but all in all the big mats of grass seamed to have made their way down river. Look out below. You still have to clean some salad off your jig from time to time, but if you don’t let it drag the bottom, you won’t be doing it as often. I went to the other side and started vertical jigging below the float in 18 fow and started picking up saugers that just hammered your jig. They seemed to just want it about 6 inches off the bottom with very little action. I would contact the bottom and then just lift the jig 4-6 inches every now and then, and they would smack it. I caught a lot of short fish, but did manage to put together a limit of saugers and one nice walleye. I caught 5 walleyes that all were in the 13 inch range that had to be released. The hot colors for me were char 1/4 oz. presision with purple/white ringies, black jig with purple/char, and char jig with electric blue/char ringie. The nice walleye came on the electric blue later in the day. I didn’t get off the water until after dark. The winds were very light and I think I increased my catch by jigging 2 poles with diferent colors to find out which they preferred. It was a beautiful day on the river with the eagles flying and the fog coming off the river. Wish you could have been there Speed Troll’n. Was up to Everts about 3 weeks ago, and a guy can really get spoiled up there with that great fishery. So Dean and you guys that get to fish it every week. Take care of it until I get a chance to get back up that way.
    Gaylen (192 Fazer)

RBThere2
    Viroqua, WI,

Good report Fazer, nice to hear something a bit closer to home. Your right on with being spoiled on pool #4. Keep the posts coming. RB

mikez
    Missoula MT, Eldridge IA

Sounds like a pretty good day overall to me! Wish I could have made it. What can I say. Got up early three days in a row, and I was just to tired to get up and make that drive to Lynxville. That never used to be a problem, must be getting old. Maybe next time.

Don’t worry. I won’t over sleep come February on the trip to Redwing!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.