Pool 2 weekend report

• shayla

I fished Pool 2 on Sunday with my father-inlaw, Max, and was able to find a few quality fish on hair-jigs. The plastic bite has not kicked-in for me just yet, but hopefully soon! All fish came off wingdam points or pitching to rip-rap with current. This weekend sounds nice, so get out and give it a try!

shayla

Pic #2 is a nice “Bonus Fish”!

shayla

Pic #3 is a nice 26″ fish, unfortunately I need to learn how to use my camera in the DARK!

shayla

Pic #4 is a nice “run-of-the-mill” walleye for pool 2!

BemmaB363
    Oakdale, MN

Great fish Slipsinker!

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Nice work. I love few things more than the fact that 20-22″ is a “run of the mill” walleye on P2!

John

P.S. Turn off the headlamp and the night pics should be just fine.

sealegs
    MPLS

Sealegs made it out also on Saturday we ended up with twelve but didnt catch much until after the sunset. later was better for us!
    Sealegs

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Nice job with the Walleyes Slip, and glad to see you figured out this posting pictures stuff. They look great too.

It was fun running into you guys last weekend.

Rootski

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Wow! Judging by the first picture the water looks as clear already as it does normally in the middle of winter. Nice fish!

shayla

Schrump,

Actually that particular spot is very shallow and has a fair amount of current, which may keep it a little clearer? It’s also just a little downstream of drain inlet of some sort, which may have some clearer water. When I fished this spot with Rootski last weekend I noticed it was a lot clearer than the main river….at one point I was able to look down and see a big smallie basking in the sun! Rootski made a few casts to him, but he wasn’t buying it! The rest of the river seems to have limited clarity, maybe a foot at the most??? I just wish the flow would pick-up sometime soon!

bgrotte
    Rogers, MN

Nice fish Slip! You sure know how to make a guy feel jealous..

shayla

Rocky, I’m in the same boat as you (1st. time expectant Dads), I’m just trying to get as much fishing in as possible before the big day arrives! You just call me anytime you have half a day, O.K.?

By the way, what do you think of Ringworm for a baby’s name….your baby, not mine! I’m naming my boy Harry Jig Nelson!

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

“Bucktail Nelson”

I like the sound of that!

shayla

Quote:

“Bucktail Nelson”

I like the sound of that!

I do too! I’ll run it by the wife! I bet I know what she’ll say. or !

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.