Pool 9 this weekend

• ripper

Water should be up a little at least with clarity down a bit. This is good right? Trolling channels is the plan unless one of the experts has better info (please), and I’ll report when I get back.

superdave
    NE IA

Hey,

Red craw cranks have been going well the last couple weeks. I haven’t been up to 9 yet, but I’m going up there or down to 10 on sunday.
    Good Luck!
    dave

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

Hopefully the water will come up a little but I don’t expect a huge rise. As far as the water clarity goes I doubt if it will dirty up too-much. This time of the year you won’t find a great deal of soil run off like you do in the spring because there aren’t any farm fields without something growing in them. In the spring the fields are nothing but soil which can turn the rivers chocolate brown. The river is clearer than I have ever seen it this time of the year so it would take a great deal of something to get it muddy. We didn’t get much rain right here in Dubuque today. The heavy stuff stayed to the west and south so I doubt if the area streams came up much if at all. The rains that fell north of here will help the river come up some but I think it will stay pretty clear at least here. I have never seen 4′ of visibility in the river in July in my entire 49 years. The green planktin and algae in the river is getting more and more by the day and will start cutting the visibility soon.

Eyehunter

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

4′ of visability in the muddy Mississippi? Are you serious? Wow. Hope that’s not just the Zebra mussels. I don’t think we have 4′ visability in the Cedar.

honda75
    Iowa

I have seen 3 to 4 feet on the ol miss in the summer on the main channel by the wing dams. scares the crap out of you when you can see the rocks and your prop is real close to them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.