H20 – Crack Outboard Mechanic!

• ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

Sunday when I put my boat in the water, I immediately did something to stupid to mention. As a result my outboard was out of commission for the day. Frustrated and embarrassed I pulled my boat back out of the water and about to embark on the 1hr drive home (hoping to fix my engine when I got there, and return later that day).

Fortunately as I drove past the bait shop, James asked why we were leaving, and then asked if we’d give him a chance to fix it. 5 minutes later we were back in the water and running as good as ever.

Thanks James, you made my day!
    Paul

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Awe…come on, tell us….we won’t tell anybody else…honest Sounds like you broke the key off in the ignition? That could be a 5 minute fix (temp)…so we’re ALL interested, you teased us with this crack mechanic thing, and now we want more

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Gas line not connected?

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

I backed into that sandbar by the ramp, and sucked enough sand in to clog the pee hole. At the time I was not sure if that was all that was clogged or if the water pump was packed with sand.

Figured I’d have to go home and pull it apart to fix it. Or try to fix it. Fortunately I ran into a mechanic masquerading as a guide who was moonlighting as a baitshop/boat launch manager. Saved my day.

tfuller4
    Marion, Ia

is the sandbar close to the ramp or can u avoid it. is it straight out from the ramp

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

This sounds like a fix we should all know about, how’d he fix it? garden hose flush?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Well, that is the recomended method! With the outside water service still out of commission until the frost leaves the ground I removed the water outlet hose, inhaled deep, planted my lips around the hose and blew for all I was worth! Looked dumb. Worked good. Glad I could lend a hand and it was great to meet you and all the other anglers that hit the water over the weekend.

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

James,

I bet you thought long and hard about how to word that reply to stop any sarcastic responses….LOL

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

tfuller, if you open your eyes at all the water will show you exactly where the sandbar is. Unfortunately on that particular morning I apparently was wearing a blindfold and my mind was still turned off.

tfuller4
    Marion, Ia

those things happen and its good that you got it fixed quick. good luck on the water. i will be up there this weekend through tues…..

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

hooks:

I bet he giggled the whole time he was setting up the lines. It had to be pure enjoyment!!!

Mark

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hook

I guess I didn’t word it quite careful enough!

pfluggy
    ROSEMOUNT, MN

doc. H2O, PLEASE REPORT TO THE RIVER, BOAT DOWN, NEEDS MOUTH TO MOUTH . I SAW IT IN THE POOL 4 IN SIDER GLAD TO KNOW THAT THERE IS A DOCTOR AROUND

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Nope………..too many “schmart ashes” around here! Hooks was on it quick but boy………….did he ever hold back!! Didn’t ya buddy?!?!?

So James…………….would you like your jersey as J. Holst or J. “Lips” Holst?

Getting the idea that we got a little EFN gang forming here:

Dave “The Hummer” Hoggard
    Dave “Stick-in-the-Eye” Koonce
    Dave “Brotha” Berdahl
    James “Lips” Holst
    Nate “Da Chubby” Cadwell
    Ken “Auto Pilot” Christensen

oohhhhhh where would THIS end???

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.