pool 4 ???????

• bigwalleye
    Ellendale

Anybody been out lately on pool 4? How’s the bite?

Kerry Harvey
    Brownsdale, MN.

Was out Friday the 6th. The bite was pretty good. We didn’t catch any real big fish, maybe 4 saugers that went 19″-20″, but the average size was probably 16″. Super Doo’s were the best producers for us. All fish were taken from 22′-28′ deep.

Dave G
    Rochester, MN

Kerry said the fishing was “pretty good”. I was fishing with him on Friday and thought the fishing was “about as good as it gets” especially for a cold water (32 degree) bite. We got 52 fish in a little over 5 hours – that is a fish in the boat every 6 minutes, plus only a small percentage of the fish were less than 15 inches.

My standards must be lower than Kerrys as I have had many poor, cold water bites in the past. Kerry really knows how to find them as he always seems to have a bunch of fish under his boat. I always knew his boat was a fish magnate

Dave Gulczinski

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Hawg and Dave G are right the sauger fishing on pool 4 is really good right now with a bunch of 14″ to 16″ walleye in the mix. I had the chance to spend a couple of days out this weekend when the river was not froze or the wind was not howling down the channel. Superdoos where the ticket for good numbers just going vertical was the best. The best action for me has been down river around the Haycreek area with not near as many fish but the size is much better. If you just want to catch an assortment of size with good action the dam area is hard to beat right now.

Good fishin’!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Could not get down there this weekend, something about a stepdauther graduation or something. the temps still sounds cold, does anyone have an idea if the powerplant has been down, or may still be down, or only 1/2 down. will try to come down this week. Tuck promised me 40 degress. Jack.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Well it’s 4:10AM right now and i’m not sure why I am still up…all I remember is being at Mavzer’s house with H20 watching the Vikes/pack game. Last I remembered was a completely “BS” pass interference call against the Vikes that set up the game winning touchdown for the pack…..the rest is a blur from there. I think i’m afraid to go to bed for fear of what my head will tell me when I wake up! Anyway, to answer the question about ice/power plant…….There is ice as far as my headlights would shine in front of the ramp tonight. Looks as i’ll be busy tomorrow.

Anyone who feels the Vikes were screwed out of a game AGAIN….please feel free to vent here! Time for bed.

bigpike

didnt see the game but heard there was a bs non call on fisher/face mask call early in the game and a non call driver interfence near the end of the first half in the end zone. Oh well good prevailed over evil (haha), on a lighter note glad to see the bite is still on down on the river, if i ever get some days off i’d like to hit it before Christmas

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

oh well, maybe they will meet in the playoffs……
    or maybe not!!!!!!!!

I don’t remember much about the game…. except drinking champaign after the game ..watching your sick dog trying to hump my dog and getting into a wrestling match with some drunk guy….. wierd night…. poor james didn;t know what to think…..

RipnLips1
    Roberts,Wi

The only thing that scr@#ed the vikes was there awsome play calling.Ran the ball great against us but decided to have culpecker Try to throw it.Its not hard to beat a team that the qb cant throw a cold ball more the 20ft. The Vikes should give up the rest of the season so they get a good draft choice.Maz, I cant beleive you let the enemy in your house whats happening to you?LOL!!!!!

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

Hey Steve I’m bleeding purple!! No whining they lost…
    But if you look at the records I think they are still pretty even in all there meetings..It’s tough to beat the Green and Gold at home..in the cold..But even if your a packer backer some of those calls were really well you saw it.. It helps to have the zebras on your side..But don’t worry the Vikes will pound them again just not this year.LOL

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Mavzer

What do you mean, “poor James?” Watching you and Steve beat the heck out of each other in that little wrestling match you guys got into was MUCH more entertaining than that football game ever was!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Yeah, that could be pretty entertaining, I’m sure no one got the two dogs drunk, and Steve’s dog is still a minor. Don’t let the Peta weenies find out. Jack..

greatplains
    Hudson, WI

Just be glad it wasn’t the dogs wrestling, and Mavz and Steve ……….! Go Pack!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.