11/18/2002 – Mississippi River Pool 4 by Dustin Stewart

• bt-eye
    Apple Valley, Mn (Pool 2)

WEIRD is right James……Maybe someone is marking there catch and release by cutting the dorsel fin. That would be a rotten thing to do. Lets hope not. Oh well ! I can speculate all I want, but if your not there to see it happening then it would all be a guessing game.

hawger
    Owatonna, MN

I think I have found the answer to the fish missing body parts, here guys…. http://www.fishthelake.com/fishing_reports/index.asp?id=434

James, last time you took Mike Little out with you… was he dipping into the live well? His breath smelled like fish? Yep… this may be the answer!

Dave Hoggard

hawger
    Owatonna, MN

Thanks for posting the photo Ecook, and thanks for shooting the shots too.

I am going to include an attachment of size of the Sauger that I was catching up by the dam. I was educated by James on where to go and what to use to get these fish. I caught several big saugers on 3-ways and cranks. Fun… and cold.

Dave Hoggard

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

None of the guys sharing pics around here eat much fish and when we do, they’re smaller than 20″. Perssonally, I think killing a big walleye for food is pretty close to a sin… but that’s just my opinion.

All the fish in this thread were released, in tip top shape, to fight another day.

swany
    Southeastern Minnesota.

SuiSheepie?

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

The pic of Dave H. looks like a neon on a Knuckle Ball jig. Secrets out now Dave. You better have a big supply of Knuckle Ball jigs cause you may need them once the orders start pouring in.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I don’t know WHAT he caught it on, but whoever took his pic is one TALL dude…lol

What were you doing ecnook, standing on the pedastal seat? HA!~

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

He has to as hes short! lol Couldn’t resist EC. James set you up good for that one!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Thats why I keep that 8′ step ladder in my boat !!

hawger
    Owatonna, MN

Bogsucker,
    I did my regular duity and ate fresh Salmon (Cashwise Foods at $6.79 a pound) the night of the staff meeting… it was a treat! All my Saturday fish went back in the water.
    Sunday after photos, I threw all but one back… that one had croaked in my livewell. It is now in the freezer here at home. I too am starting to release more Walleye, guess it is the croud I am keeping with… starting to rub off on me!
    Dave Hoggard

hawger
    Owatonna, MN

Very good there Bill… yep, it was a Nuckle Ball and a Kalin. But look closer… it is a Nuckle Ball… yes… but it is a “Zone-R” Nuckle Ball.

Big difference here. Regular Nuckle Balls are round, “Zone-R” Nuckle Balls have the two sides shaved off so they are flat on the sides. This “thin-jig” (allow me to coin the phrase here) is realy something great in the curent. The thin-jig profile reduces the drag (less water resistance) and allows you a less-er degree of angle to get down to the bottom…. with the same amount of weight. Feels different…fishes different! I love ’em for the river.

Thanks!

Dave Hoggard

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.