Red River

• fishsjj

I am interested in fishing the fall run of walleyes on the Red River around Silkirk, Manitoba. Does anyone know of a reliable source (or sources) of information to find out if the migration is happening? Obviously, it is a long trip. I would not want to make it if the walleyes are not in the river. So, my main concern is if the conditions are right for a fall migration to happen in the first place (temperature, water flow, etc.). I realize there may be several factors which come into play. This is why I could use some help. I would like to go in about 2 weeks. Thanks for any help you can give.

sjj

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Check w/ Backwater Eddy on the Red River forum. There are updated catfish reports and some walleye info. Either post a question or shoot a private message to one of the Red River regulars.

I have never fished the Red-but it sounds like a great fishery.

vern
    Richfield, MN

Give Stu Mckay a call at Cats On The Red. They’re right below the Lockport Dam, just a few miles from Selkirk. It’s a great place to stay with a nice landing. Check out his site: http://www.catsonthered.com
    Good luck, Vern

stuart
    Mn.

I would 2nd stu macay to give you the strait dope. I have fished up there many times.GOOD fishing but if you can do a few more hours in the car think about prince albert sasc. more consistant fall run and better average size.BIG!!! stay in town and walk to the fishing behind the airport.waders rod and big plastics are all you need.best of luck to you.s.h.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.