Winona Area Fishin Report

• tbrooks11

I am relatively new to this stretch of the river, but it hasnt taken too long to find some decent fish down near Winona! I have been out casting from shore for about 2 hours each of the last 3 days and these are a few of the fish I/we have caught. My bigger walleye was a hair under 22 inches, but pretty plump with all the eggs, so I was able to snap a few pictures and get her back in the water. Didnt get a good measurement on my buddies’ northern, but like my walleye, she had some weight to her so we got her swimming again as soon as possible.

All fish were caught on a jig and ringworm or a northland gum drop floater with a chunk of crawler really uptight to shore, no more than 15 ft from the where we were standing.

These mini trips have been nice to help begin scratching the itch, but really looking forward to getting back out on the boat once school is done for the year! Hopefully there will be more pics shortly…

Travis

elk_addict
    Northern IA/Lincoln Lakes Area

Nice job! Brings back lots of memories of my younger days. Keep up the fishing, it will bring you a life time of joy.

Oh to be young again!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Nice looking fish.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thanks for sharing!

procor
    Mounds View, MN

Always fun casting from shore…nice fish.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.