New to the site, new to the river!

• Cody Brunick
    NULL

Headed down to Everts tomorrow morning, will be my second time down at Red Wing fishing, my question involves how much this recent snow is going to effect the fishing and the river. I am admittedly very green to river fishing so I have no idea what to expect. Thanks in advance!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Just down here about a hour ago. Reports are of a fair bite so far today. Maybe some of the guys that were out today will chime in. I have to run to town.

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

Welcome to IDO

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Welcome!
    I remember posting my first which was very close to yours 8 yes ago
    In the past 8 years since my 1st post I have learned so much and have met some very cool guys! A lot of them I have never met face to face

Good luck to you!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

I don’t think the snow will effect fishing that much.
    bite has just started to get batter than the last few weeks.
    I’d go with a Dubuque rig, with about a 3/8 oz hair jig and minnow, to a 3way then about 2 1/2 feet back to a plain Aberdeen hook and minnow.
    Plastic bite with superdoo, ringworm, or paddletails on a jig big enough to feel bottom has been getting better.
    Steve and Kari and Evertt’s can get you rigged and started in the right direction.
    and
    Welcome to IDO….
    Jack

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

a dead stick has been working well left side of the y or on the lock side fishing has been good! see you tomorrow my boat is named the scratcher say hello. have been fishing out of everts since 1986 have multiple 10# plus eyes with a personal best 12#

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.