Pepin Ice Out / Crystal ball request

• mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

I haven’t been down to P4 for couple weeks so a bit out of touch with Pepin condition. Need to break in a new motor..got three days to choose from 4/17-4/19. Was planning on taking to Chamberlain SD, but plan is falling apart. Wondering if Pepin might be an option by then. Thanks in advance!

TJ
    Hammond, WI

USACE ice depth measurements still showed 32 inches last Friday on the foot of the lake. Looks like it is open to point no point but 20 inches from there down. Ice will be measured again tomorrow.

USACE Ice Measurements

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

Was afraid of that ….will have to rework Chamberlain plans

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Might consider Pool 5. There are very few to no boats once you get 2.5-3 miles below the dam. I broke in a motor there during peak walleye fishing one year and did not bother one soul.

fraidknot
    On the best bite (hopefully).

I was at the can line a week ago and there was a ton of open water (well past the cans). There was even a guy making passes in a new Skeeter. It looked like he was breaking in his motor. Might be worth another look.

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

Thanks for update and pool 5 idea…chamberlain trip it’s back on track, but if it falls through again, I’ve got solid options

Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

Just a reminder that there is a launch fee at Alma. Shouldn’t be a surprise as most ‘public’ launches have fees these days…

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

Just a reminder that there is a launch fee at Alma. Shouldn’t be a surprise as most ‘public’ launches have fees these days…

Belvediere (sp?) about 3 miles downstream is still free On the Mn side the upper West Newton landing is also free…just have to be a billy goat to get to the truck after a long day of fishing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.