Pool 5 Alma?

• basseyes

Does anyone know if the ramps are open in Alma or the Mn side farther down stream?

Thanks.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I doubt it. I drove thru the area yesterday and have never seen as much ice as I did. Granted I didn’t get to see the dam area or West Newton, but there’s a lot of ice. If Alma is open Bass Camp will be open and they’re still walking ice there.

Rivergills
    Wisconsin

Post deleted by riverfisherman

basseyes

Quote:

I doubt it. I drove thru the area yesterday and have never seen as much ice as I did. Granted I didn’t get to see the dam area or West Newton, but there’s a lot of ice. If Alma is open Bass Camp will be open and they’re still walking ice there.

Thanks. With this winter it will be interesting to see how this spring unfolds.

basseyes

Quote:

Also on the same note, I understand you now need a permit for the city ramp in Alma. Does anyone know where you get the permit? Thanks

That’s right I forgot about that, thanks for the remind!

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I have not been up to see the Alma city ramp but I can tell you that last Saturday the ramp off county road 00 was open and there were 11 rigs in the parking lot. This is called the Belvidere ramp. The other ramp in Buffalo City by the Cove bar was also very close to being open.

The main channel is still nearly completely ice covered in Winona and through Fountain City. There were guys ice fishing near the lock at the Winona dam Saturday and heard reports of guys still on the ice late last week at Bass Camp too.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

The landing in Alma is still iced in. A few boats have been putting in at belvedere and running up stream. The launch fee is at the Alma landing belvedere doesn’t have one.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Just heard that the Lodemires are working at cutting the landing out right now. The landing may be open soon.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Not to hijack the post but did a bait shop ever reopen in Alma? What ever happened to Jeremy up there?

basseyes

Quote:

Not to hijack the post but did a bait shop ever reopen in Alma? What ever happened to Jeremy up there?

The shop is closed?

He use to post up some good reports?

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Shop has been closed since last fall I believe. The web site has said it is temporarily closed while they relocate but that has been a long time now. Jeremy used to put up some very good info and he was a good guy to talk with in the shop.

dairycat

Went out of the Bellevidere landing today. To expensive to launch out of Alma just to catch 2 small sauger. Pretty cold and windy tried everything from plastics to minnows. Will be heading back to Everts friday. I have been really having good luck in Redwing, worth the drive for me…. I just wanted to try something different, didn’t pay off.

basseyes

Quote:

Went out of the Bellevidere landing today. To expensive to launch out of Alma just to catch 2 small sauger. Pretty cold and windy tried everything from plastics to minnows. Will be heading back to Everts friday. I have been really having good luck in Redwing, worth the drive for me…. I just wanted to try something different, didn’t pay off.

X2

I like pool 5,, but it ain’t no pool 4 that’s for sure. Just doesn’t have the numbers.

Thanks for the report.

riverruns
    Inactive

The more you head south the tougher it gets. Anyone have a theory why the walleye and sauger fishing has gotten this bad?
    Shawn

dairycat

No problem, just trying to help out Maybe see you guys at Evert’s Friday! Ready for some walleyes, you will not find me in the scour hole either

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.