Thanks Evert’s

• basseyes

After this long, long butt pain of a winter, was able to get down on pool 4 on Saturday. Was amazed there weren’t cars parked up on the road leading into Evert’s. Got down the hill and was further shocked not to see a lot of traffic. Got launched and fishing in short order. Fishing was a little slow but no surprise with how clear the water was mid afternoon. And with that clear water the bite picked up towards dark. Ended up keeping 11 for 3 of guys.

My kids spring break was a little screwy this year with the snow/cold days. Was able to get our 4th oldest kid, who’s 12 , out fishing Monday. Got there and was promptly told there was a parking spot on the beach. Found that surprising with a polar opposite of Saturday, with the vehicles parked all over up on the hill. Got in and Kari(hope that’s the right spelling)said they were out of minnows, but the guy was on his way and 1/2 hour to 45 minutes out. Bummer. But she took my old ice cream pail of a minnow bucket and phone number down. They were going to call me when the guy got there. Launched and got some rigging changes done while waiting for the minnow guy to get there, while secured up to the dock. He got there in less time than she said. When I went into the shop, Steve was busy on the phone calling the list of guys who needed bait as quickly as he could. Got minnows before I thought I would. The communication was honest and direct, very cool.

Took off and headed up towards the dam. Fished a break/seam edge and used some real simple rigs to get into a nice batch of fish. The kid did great and caught 3 of the fish in the photos. Had to get him in bed early for school on Tuesday, so missed the evening bite. But was thrilled to be able to get out in the boat and fishing with the kid who is teaching me stuff.

All that is possible because of Evert’s.

So thanks for all the work and the logistical challenges that are conquered on a daily basis to keep those ramps open, minnows in the tanks, keeping a watchful eye on the parking situation and dealing with all us crazy fishermen, GREAT JOB!

Everts Fishing Resort
    Inactive
    Hager City WI

Great report and great day to be out there..Yes I do have to say we were a bit busy on Monday (minnows were a hot commodity). When you came off the water I could see the pride in your smile when you said “My son was teaching me today!”, best feeling being a parent.
    Thanks again for your patience and support!
    Kari and Steve

Grawler

I fished out of Everts all last weekend and fishing was very good. I enjoy stopping in and talking with Steve, Kari, and Brian just as much as fishing quite honestly. It’s all apart of the pool 4 fishing experience that is sooo much fun. Steve has helped me out of a bind bigger than most could (oil filter had 2 seals stuck to it and oil everwhere and he was the only one to figure it out and then drove to get me oil!!!!). I’ll launch from Everts and buy from them every time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.