Thanks Steve and Kari

• LimpFish
    Lino Lakes, Minnesota

Little late here after spending some great family time over the last two days getting in the spirit for Christmas and playing in the snow, but wanted to say thanks to both of you for getting Everts back to the great place some many of us have come to know Appreicate everything from the friendly greetings, to the advice on what is or isn’t working and the tireless effort of keeping the ramps open. It was 19 degrees when we lanuched Friday morning, with no signs of ice in sight. While pulling out after dark and MOST everybody was already off the water, here comes Steve working on the the ramp for the first folks to launch Saturday morning. Never made it above freezing for the day and no need to use 4WD…how cool is that That said, friendly reminder to let your trailer drain at water’s edge before pulling up to think of the next guy and make their job easier.

Both fishing and catching were fantastic! For us, it is was Pro Blue ringworms right from the start. Early on, all fish came on the hold, but as the day wore on, it was it was about 50/50 for fish hitting on the hold verses fish that were pinning the bait down as soon as it hit bottom and were hanging on the next lift. That said, we ended up picking up our cadence a bit to entice more of those fish that wanted to pin the bait and let them decide. Also found that we were getting short bit more frequently, but managed to help compensate for that by biting of the first inch or so to shorten up the bait.

Can’t wait to get back

><(((>

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

This post beckons the question this morning after over 1 foot of snow….

HEY GUYS! ARE THE RAMPS OPEN!??

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

X2 Here!!!

johnnyg105
    Hugo, MN

Quote:

The ramps are open year round, it’s sort of a running joke around here. Stick around BrianK you’ll get the hang of things

ryan_mcneil
    Dodge Center, MN

The real question is if the river stay open this winter

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

It’s Tuesday….

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

here comes Steve working on the the ramp for the first folks to launch Saturday morning.

Sorry I distracted from your post Limp…I do that.

I received a photo from Kari on Sunday (I think) of Steve in the “open air” skid steer working feverishly to clear the snow out a keep the ramps open.

I felt like sending him my nose warmer.

johnnyg105
    Hugo, MN

Quote:

It’s Tuesday….

I had to wait 20 hours for a reply to that zing… Well played sir

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.