P4 tonight

• salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

first off let me say that it was the perfect late afternoon to be out on the river, absolutely gorgeous. I met up with corey (theguN) at everts around 330 before setting out towards the dam. Now, Ive always read about the boats but never seen them personally, so was kind of surprised by the pods of boats grouped together. In the first 45 minutes or so we had a few bites vertical jigging but nothing solid, and only saw one fish landed in that time frame in another boat. Once the sun set we moved away from the other boats and began to pick up fish. The bite in our location was pretty consistent over the next two hours or so before the wind started to pick up and everything slowed down as a result. luckily the slow down came towards our limit end, as we were both able to leave with a limit of nice eaters. Corey also got a nice 23″ and lost something bigger as well. all in all a great night out on the river.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Nice going you two!

One of you guys needs to invest in a camera.

thegun
    mn

Hows that for a camera

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

What time is dinner did you say?

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

At one time yesterday I counted 63 boats up near the damn area during daylight. When the lights went off we still had 16 night dewellers.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Quote:

At one time yesterday I counted 63 boats up near the damn area during daylight. When the lights went off we still had 16 night dewellers.

I always wonder what them clowns do out there after dark, must be drinkin beers and hiding from wives cause the fish on P4 only bite during the day, everyone knows that! Thanks for thr report and happy thanks giving!

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

Way to go guys and congrats on the fish sandwiches! I kinda have the p4 walleye itch myself now that i’m back home….. all I can say is Night Bite!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.