Dubuque and Drop Shot Rigs

• lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

I fished yesterday and noticed some guys using these rigs. Two questions I have are what type and weight of line to use on the Dubuque rig? I tried some wimpy Stren and some flurocarbon in 8# but they really wanted to tangle on the 3 way swivel. On the Dubuque rig, I couldn’t figure out how to attach 2 BFishN jigs to a continuous line, and make them stand out the same as when a hook is tied onto that presentation. Maybe I need to just clip the line ?
    I will appreciate any help from you guys that use these setups.
    Thank you

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Triple polymer nots with Maxima or XT mono
    This is a miller rig.

traumatized
    eastern iowa

You can use a blakemore standout hook on the dropper. I like to tip it with a Berkeley gulp minnow or leach

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

On the Dubuque rig, I couldn’t figure out how to attach 2 BFishN jigs to a continuous line, and make them stand out the same as when a hook is tied onto that presentation. Maybe I need to just clip the line ?
    I will appreciate any help from you guys that use these setups.
    Thank you

A dubuque rig is a 3 way rig but with a jig head as a dropper instead of a walking or casting sinker. You can use a floating jig head, a floating lindy rig, or just a plain hook on the other end.. but not a weighted jig. Two weighted jigs wont work like you want it to for walleye. You will just get tangle after tangle.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Frank…

Run out to Fleet Farm and grab some VMC Spin Shot hooks.

I use these for everything from panfish to waldo. These are trick for suspended crappies right now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.