DaRn Fish! where were they today?

• wall3y3chaser

Well went out today with my brother shore fishing around the Watergate marina up and down the shoreline from the highway 5 bridge for 4-5 hours and not one damn fish, i was stumped because i always catch at least 1 fish i tried everything i had in my backpack arsenal of river walleye and smallmouth fishing tackle, im hopin for a nice weekend so i can try my other spot and nab some tropy eyes for the season lol , shore fisherman for life……

Does anyone have any tips for me i ussually fish the raspberry island area and the watergate marina area,
    if anyone know where a shore fisherman can catch some fish on these chilly days im all ears and then i will be in action thanks , i just want some fishies………..

JasonP
    Twin Cities

I think numbers were down a little today. Just keep fishing.

Interesting though I talked to a guy at school today who was electrofishing at the dam a few weeks ago and was telling me about the walleyes they were getting into all within site of the dam. I usually don’t think of the dam as being that productive for big fish but apparently they were up there a couple weeks ago.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Yep. Just keep fishing. Your fishing the right body of water. Pool 2 if full of big fish. Just keep putting in the time. Keep checking spots. They are fairly aggressive when you connect with them now. The bellies show the are feeding. Rocky shorelines should be good. Find a little rock hump on a shore line or where a wingdam connects to it and it might even be better.

wall3y3chaser

Thanks guys i will be out saturday at those spots should be a 55 degree 6pm bite if your out wish you luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.