Quick Pool 4 Report

• moger88

Fished pool 4 today from 1 to 430. Caught 5 eyes from 18-24 inches. All fell to same hair jig, after I lost that color combo, never had another bite. Stocked up on that color and gonna give it a try tomorrow.

scott-k
    Red Wing

Okay…I’ll bite…what was the hot color?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

Okay…I’ll bite…what was the hot color?

X2

moger88

Today it was pink head/chart. green hair. But if the fall bite is anything like the spring bite, tomorrow will be a different color .

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Gotta love that pink!!

One guide I spoke with had good luck on…

Minnows lindy rigged
    Dubuque Rigs
    BfishN Tackle Paddle Tails
    Blades vertical jigged

He was fishing the dam area and ended up with a two man limit.

While we were up there cat fishing, it seemed like there was always a boat with a net out or a rod bent. I can’t comment on the size, but there were a lot of fish caught.

You are so right Moger. Colors change daily and sometimes a few times in one day!

Beautiful day to be on the water wasn’t it.

moger88

Yes it was and tomorrow looks just as nice.

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

have a friend that stunk it up pretty good today up there. 2 eyes, but lost a giant boatside.

a-and-t
    By Rochester,MN

It was blades for us today. We used the smaller ones and fan casted. It was a good day considering Tucker’s depthfinder pooped out right away so we were fishing blind. So Tuck’s inthe market for a depthfinder around 5-10 years old. Give us a pm if you got one on the shelf collecting dust and wnat to part with it for some cash. He will make good use of it this winter.

Northeast MPLS

It was a multi species day for me on Saturday, with walleye, sauger, catfish, sturgeon and drum. I caught two decent cats and a 40 inch+/- sturgeon trolling the channel with flicker shads on leadcore. Boy were they crushing the cranks!
    Managed a couple of walleyes and enough saugers to keep me interested. One of the walleyes was a nice mid twenty inch fish. Fished the main channel from dam to head of the lake, just couldn’t find a consistent bite downstream, just a fish here and there kind of day.
    Caught fish on cranks, hair/trigger x,moxi’s, and lizzards.
    water temp was about 50-52 degrees, all of the fish were FAT and SASSY. THings are only going to get better!
    I love this time of the year.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.