pool 5 does it again!

• jjknows
    WI

Decided to head to Alma yesterday and try for some eyes. When we got there the word was not good on the bite but since we drove 50 mins to get there we needed to wet some lines. Started out pulling in 7 northerns that were pi$$ing us off.and not giving us very good hope on the eyes. But patience payed off!! Ended up CPRing 5 fish that were 22 1/2 and bigger with the biggest being almost 26. Ended up taking home 5 eaters. We did miss a lot more fish though. We were dragging ringworms in 10-15 FOW with 1/8 oz jiggs. I would post pics but I can’t with my phone on here. And oh yeah if you are ice fishing the backwaters down there be careful. Somebody fell thru the ice down there yesterday.

EW6

Was it a daytime bite, did you fish at all after dark?

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

You put in at the Power Plant? Is the channel free from ice?

I need to test drive a boat and was wondering if it would be doable?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thanks for the report!

PS I wouldn’t be unhappy with 7 pike.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Quote:

You put in at the Power Plant? Is the channel free from ice?

I need to test drive a boat and was wondering if it would be doable?

Been really mild this winter and I am almost certain the landing and channel are open around the power plant.

Try calling the bait shop….they’d be in the know.
    1-608-685-4336

jjknows
    WI

Yeah it was a daytime bite. We stayed about an hour after dark and only picked up one other eye.
    Yeah we put in by the power plant. The channel is free from the landing up to the damn. Once you get past the power plant we started running into some ice flow.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Thanks for the report, sounds like a good day to me It’s been a week or two since I was out there but the daytime bite was decent then too. I’ll be on the ice tomorrow but might try to get the boat wet Sunday or Monday

jjknows
    WI

Finally got onto a regular computer. This was the first fish of the day. Trying looking for my other pics from that day and for some reason I cant find them. This was the 22 1/2 inch.

walleye16
    SE, MN

Fished 2/18 on pool 5 bite was slow for us seven walleyes the biggest was 23″ and 6.03. Didn’t see many fish caught.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.