Hi-Vis Lines and Eyes

• jld235
    Eau Claire

Just wanted to get a few of your takes on Hi-Vis line. I know quite a few guys swear by it on here, but I noticed some guys tying the line right to the jig w/o a leader. Just wondering if anyone thinks this spooks the fish, or if it doesn’t matter. Also, while your reading this, how is the best way to keep your plastics??? I was planning on keeping them in a Plano box, but wondered if it would be better to keep them in the resealable bag they come in??? I’d hate to spend the $ only to throw half of them out due to mismanagement. Thanks for your help in advance. Good fishing.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome to the site and message board JD. I like the hi-vis line as its easier to see. I also use Fireline too. I tie direct to the jig and feel it doesn’t make that much difference as I fish the river mostly which is stained water. I like to store my ringworms, superdoos and K-tails in the bag they come in. I bought some tupperware type containers at Target that I keep the packages in. Seems to work great for me that way. One of the containers I bought even has a handle on it too for removing it from a storage area real easy.
    Thanks, Bill

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

I use hi-vis all the time anymore and can’t say I ever thought it scared fish. I keep my plastics in one of these Product Link

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

Hi JD

I use high vis lines have for over 15 years..

You should have seen the chatter I caused on a tournament on Pelican Lake about ten years ago.. I had guys sticking there chest out telling me I would not catch a fish on there lake with that line. Boy did I want to win that tourney but we did not however we did catch fish.

Anyway jig fishing you have to see your line…if you are only going by feel you are missing many fish.

If the colored line spooks the fish my take is you weren’t going to make him bite anyway.

I probably see half my strikes before I feel them.

Go ahead try some the worst thing is you are out $6.00 or so.

Many brands out there. I have three colors and three brands I work with. Solar Trilene, Gold stren, Pink maxima.

Good luck

As far as the plastics I have coolers full.

One thing do not mix your colors with other colors they will become trashed, they bleed into one another.

Mine are all in ziplocks by color.and piled into coolers.

I have way to many

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

JD,

I have used both high vise and normal line. I use all fireline and it hasn’t seemed to matter. There has been times the guy i was with was using normal fireline and i was using high vise and we caught the same number of fish. I think the only difference is you are able to see high vise a lot easier. Once you get into a certain depth (im not sure what it is) you can not tell if it is high vise or normal, they all look the same. As for plastics gander has a nice set up. They have a little fabric case with about 25 to 30 differnt sealable bags. they have worked great for me as long as you keep the same colors together. That is my 2 cents worth.

Walleye Fool

jld235
    Eau Claire

Thanks guys. I’ve got a spool of both Hi-Vis and Fireline all ready to go. I plan on experimenting w/ both. Thurs will be my first Pool 4 fishing trip. If the weather cooperates, I’m expecting a great time. Thanks again to all of you who share your expertise. I’ve read almost every article on here to the point that my wife thinks I’m nuts. Who knows, maybe I’ll get lucky and land a few fish. Thanks again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.