Walleye Rod Recommendations

• Wharf Rat
    Mahtomedi

I love my TUCR Precision for Walleye and told a friend he should buy one for our trip to Upper Red in January, but it’s more than he wants to spend.

I’m wondering what would be good for around $50. St. Croix Mojo Ice looks decent. What else do you like?

Thanks

Tim J
    Duluth, MN

I’d recommend the 13 fishing wicked or white out coming in around the $30-40. Not a huge fan of st. croix’s ice rods, though I have no experience with the mojo. I have a few premiers that I use for bobber rods since they aren’t the most sensitive for jigging in my opinion.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I’ll second that. My St Croix Premier are used for bobber rods. The Legend Silver make for nice panfish rods with their first-rate spring bobbers. I haven’t tried the Mojo’s.

My favorite walleye rod, which happens to be in the $50 class, is the 13 Fishing Tickle Stick, 27″ medium-light. In my opinion, it has the perfect action for Ultra Light Rippin’ Raps (3/16oz.) and 1/8-1/4oz spoons and Jigging Raps, which are my 3 primary walleye lures.

Ryan Wilson

Fenwick makes some nice rods in that price range as well.

Cody O’Reilley
    Maple Grove, MN

clam meat stick is a really nice mass produced rod. quick action tip with lots of backbone can get them in pretty long length too. that would be my recommendation in that price range!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

ugly stick combo for $30

Brady Valberg

I bought a 30″ ml cabelas fish eagle rod for winnipeg last yeat and absolutly love it…30$ i use it for lipless baits and spoons and have 0 complaints
    I prefer that over my fenwicks or st crioxs

Chandler Husbye
    Michigan Upper Peninsula (Bay de Noc area)

Can’t go wrong with a medium heavy fenwick

mozy
    LQP

I second the 13 Wicked. I wanted a cheap rod for pike so I bought a 31″ MH, for the money its a real nice rod. Nothing else in that dollar range feels as nice, IMO.

Justin Phillips
    Bloomer, WI

Another vote for the 13 fishing White Out, love my medium light for walleyes!

Wharf Rat
    Mahtomedi

Lots of good recommendations. Thank you!
    I actually have two Fenwick rods that I stopped using after upgrading to TUCR rods, so I think I’ll give my friend one of those to use. I totally forgot about them. If he desires something else I will pass along the suggestions.

Cheers!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.