Vikings Vs Panthors ?

• Mocha
    Park Rapids

Im predicting the defense will win this game over Carolina Panthers 23-17! SKOL VIKES!

Cam will eat a lot of turf! smash smash smash

applause

Dan
    Southeast MN

This should be a good game. Last year I believe we saw the beginnings of the Vikings starting to emerge and some offseason moves hopefully made them better. Through all that I keep saying that the Vikings improvements are good but we won’t be able to place them toward the top of the NFC until they can routinely hang with and beat teams like the Packers, Panthers, Cardinals and Seahawks.

Cam Newton is a threat to scramble and run so hopefully the Vikes can contain that. Keys to that for the Vikes will be keeping those runs short and hitting hard when they do. If that happens Cam and the Panthers coaching staff may have to make adjustments because him keeping the ball will become real risky if it’s met with a huge hit every time.

Should be fun to watch, especially now that “Bradford to Digss” seems to be “a thing.”

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I have a hard time thinking the Vikings will win this one. Our offensive line is junk and the best I think we can hope for is that Bradford is still walking after this one. I’d take that against a top team on the road.

In addition to the line woes, we haven’t seen another WR step up and we’ll need Johnson or Treadwell to do that as the Panthers will now key on Diggs. And I’d like to believe Asiata and McKinnon will fill right in for AP, but thats another question mark.

Defense will keep it close but I think we’ll struggle to score. Panthers 24-10!

ET

Hoyt4
    NULL

Bradford might die in this game Luke Kuechly will have a big day. This defense is way better than Green Bay and Bradford hardly made it out of that game. I hope the Vikes win but might lose a couple more guys before this one is over.

Our passing will be affected with no AP. They will not stack the box on Asiata and McKinnon so our running game will most likely be better. Unlike when everyone keys in on AP and say they will not let him beat us and gamble on the passing to beat them like Green Bay did.

JoeMX1825
    MN

at this rate i’m hoping we have enough healthy players to put on the field by sunday….

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Vikings won’t win this one unless they make major improvements to both sides of the ball. Sorry, but this just isn’t that talented of a team and now we’ve got even more injury issues with AP out. It’s not going to get easier.

Bradford is going to get killed if the O line doesn’t man up in a big, big way compared to the Packers game. Bradford will not be able to be effective if the O line doesn’t figure it out.

The D has to figure out how to hold on to fumbles without butterfingering them back to the offense. Also, if the D gives up a buttload of penalty yards, Carolina will make us pay by scoring on us over and over again.

There’s no “win ugly” option against the Panthers, IMO. The Vikes have gotten away with ugly wins against bad teams so far, but I can’t see the Panthers giving us that chance. To win, the Vikes are going to have to deserve to win by playing much better.

Grouse

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Cam Newton is a threat to scramble and run so hopefully the Vikes can contain that. Keys to that for the Vikes will be keeping those runs short and hitting hard when they do. If that happens Cam and the Panthers coaching staff may have to make adjustments because him keeping the ball will become real risky if it’s met with a huge hit every time.

Normally I’d agree with this assessment with most scrambling QBs, but the Panthers run so many QB designed runs I think they’ve accepted that risk and are living with it.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I was wrong!!!

Vikings defense has become elite!! Offense does enough with special teams.

SKOL Vikings!!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

So now the question, who’s the first loss to….tough one, huh?

igotone

does this post fall under cat fishing?
    the stink bait has lid off for a week again!!!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Well, well, well, the Vikes did what they had to do to win one.

I can’t be alone in thinking after Carolina scored on the first two possessions that it was going to be a long day! But then literally shutdown D from there on out.

The D punished Newton all day, they held on to the trunovers, they denied Carolina good field position. It was all good.

The Vikes are proving to be a team that’s tough for the opponent to beat. They can certainly beat themselves, but they are tough for an opposing offense to really get going against.

Grouse

igotone

So now the question, who’s the first loss to….tough one, huh?

Next Monday Nite, New York Giants
    and the Giants have the following Sunday nite against the Pack!
    So I say they 2-0 after they lost at Home today against Redskins

WinnebagoViking
    Inactive

Im predicting the defense will win this game over Carolina Panthers 23-17! SKOL VIKES!

Cam will eat a lot of turf! smash smash smash

applause

pretty good prediction! nice game.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Vikes D was dominating today against what was supposed to be a SB contender in the NFC. But perhaps Carolina is not as good as before? There “o-line” got dismantled by the Vikings. Another positive, Bradford didn’t force anything and turn the ball over so they didn’t defeat themselves with him running the show. Commendable for his recent arrival. waytogo

Mocha
    Park Rapids

First half looked like a Ponder lose of the past. Then they came out after halftime and opened a can of whoop *ss on Cam. Just wish they would have sacked him a dozen more times and maybe beat a little humility into the guy.
    Great win!

Is Walsh still on the roster? Hope not and Locke can go with him…..IMHO

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Just wish they would have sacked him a dozen more times and maybe beat a little humility into the guy.

Agree! Newton could take a few pointers from Marcus Sherels on how to act after scoring! The guy looks like a complete idiot. smash

-J.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

The D has to figure out how to hold on to fumbles without butterfingering them back to the offense. Also, if the D gives up a buttload of penalty yards, Carolina will make us pay by scoring on us over and over again.
    There’s no “win ugly” option against the Panthers, IMO. The Vikes have gotten away with ugly wins against bad teams so far, but I can’t see the Panthers giving us that chance. To win, the Vikes are going to have to deserve to win by playing much better.
    Grouse

Get used to “ugly wins” because that is what teams with elite defense’s do. After last weeks performance against the Packers (who seemed to find their mojo against Detroilet yesterday) and the two year defending top scoring team in the Panthers there are going to be a lot more of those ugly performances! Purple Drank and Coffee, best way to start a week!!!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/vikings/2016/09/25/dominant-defensive-minnesota-carolina-panthers-cam-newton/91096636/

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mocha wrote:</div>
    Just wish they would have sacked him a dozen more times and maybe beat a little humility into the guy.

Agree! Newton could take a few pointers from Marcus Sherels on how to act after scoring! The guy looks like a complete idiot. smash

-J.

couldn’t agree more. Then he wears a top hat at the post game press conference.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Get used to “ugly wins” because that is what teams with elite defense’s do.

I didn’t think that was an ugly win at all. They beat Carolina on both sides of the ball. The D got to Newton, forced turnovers and actually held on to them, and the offense scored points including a punt runback for a TD.

Like I said, the Vikes won because they deserved to win by playing a complete game. Unlike the GB game where they won by the other team basically handing them the game.

Totally agree, though, it’s the D that is going to make wins possible for the Vikes. It’s not like we’re a supercharged offense led by a name brand QB.

Vikes are proving to be tough to beat, as long as they don’t revert to the GB game where they basically almost beat themselves.

Grouse

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

I was incredibly happy to see them come out after half time, make some major adjustments, and start kicking some tail. That is a coaching win IMHO. It is good to know that Zimmer is the real deal, and it does not seem like the injuries they have had this year has any effect on the games.

Hats off to Zimmer and his elite coaches. That would not have been a win in years past.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jon Jordan wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mocha wrote:</div>

-J.

couldn’t agree more. Then he wears a top hat at the post game press conference.

Wasn’t it after Newton’s touchdown antics in the endzone and on the sidelines the vikes defence started pouring it on. It’s like Newton antics pussed of the defense.I guess one does should not puss of the Vike defense.
    Turner stil has get more creative with his play calling. Took him a whole half to figure out his game plan was not working out.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.