vexilar battery

• josh Shesta

Hello I am wondering how long everyone charges there batteries? I just bought a brand new battery and it says do not over charge it but it does not say how long to charge it! Thanks for the help

grampatim
    Spirit Lake, IA

If you have a Vexilar charger, just charge it until the red light comes back on.

ozzyky
    On water

Mine goes from a red light to a green light when fully charged

josh Shesta

I don’t have a vexilar charger. I just have a charger that clips onto batteries.

crappielover89

i have a battery tender it is the best keeps the battery charged and doesn’t allow it to get overcharged. i have the big double on my bass boat and i have the smaller one for all my flashers and my humminbird that’s on my inflatable pontoon. it works great and i haven’t had an issue for the past two years of owning the chargers.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I don’t have a vexilar charger. I just have a charger that clips onto batteries.

Josh, on a brand new battery, it can vary from an hour to a few hours (or more). not knowing what charger you have or how many amps it charges with, will all make a guessing game out of this. The simple solution is to get a higher quality charger with an indicator LED on it. OR, if you have a battery tester like a Fluke, periodically disconnect the charger and test the voltage on the battery. Fully charged is usually about 13.1V.

If your over/or under charging, you will degrade the battery and shorten its life cycles. The better chargers are worth the extra $$ in the long run

joc
    Western and Central, NY

For a deep cycle battery which is used on most boats for starting and electric trolling motors and accessories: the chargers apply’s a high level of charge in coulombs “amps/sec” when 1st connected to the battery. Thus rapidly recharging the battery “if the battery is good”. Once the battery is charged the battery charger senses that the terminal voltage is high enough and reduces the rate of charge in coulombs “amps/sec” to maybe a couple hundred milliamps or so for a maintenance charge until the next time you use it. This maintenance charge will keep the battery from bleeding off charge if it sets around for a while.
    Bought my charger at Sears some years back, works great.

oldbear
    State Center, Iowa

Not knowing what charger you have I hope its not to big for the little battery. If its low amp and auto. OK otherwise I’d get the flasher charger or a maintainer like mentioned but you know what you have and I don’t.

Boss Hawg
    Inactive
    Brainerd Lakes Area

$20 at Batteries Plus for a good charger with the lights.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.